cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new G75VX any simple tweaks or upgrades i should know about?

nkoehler86
Level 7
I just bought this from bestbuy ....i7, nividia gtx 670, 1TB. Hard drive,...................I added 8 gigs of DDR3 to make it 16.....thinking about adding a SSD. I was just wondering if anyone else had upgrade or tweak knowledge to share with me? Please and thankyou
6 REPLIES 6

bignazpwns
Level 11
Since you wont ever really use over 8gigs of ram unless you are doing photoshop or somthing and that's to small to make a useful ramdisk.

http://thessdreview.com/our-reviews/romex-fancycache-review-ssd-performance-at-13gbs-and-765000-iops...

Give that slow 5,300rpm drive some hair on its chest with a 8gig cache.

httuner
Level 9
Uninstall ASUS update utility or disable automatic updates* it will brick your laptop if it decides to update your BIOS on its own when ASUS release a new BIOS update.

AllGOnoSHOW
Level 7
Thanks for that. httuner
Graphic Designer, Video Game Designer
Current: G75VX/win8/

Previous: G50V

well i am a photographer by day so i process alot of photos.......but i like to play games at awesome quality as well.... not sure i understand that link. which is is the best way to speed up my hard drive or should i just get another one?

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think add SSD is the good choose.

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes an SSD is the most noticeable upgrade you can make, other than that check out the sticky's on top, you'll find most of the things we have all figured out.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro