cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPOILER ALERT :D Or could be.. G55 with 670M

Sagi
Level 7
This is taken from the ASUS's facebook site under the PAX East events they will be hosting.

You will be playing on a G55 with 670M 😄

Even tho I had hoped for a bit more, 670M will do!

Hopefully they will announce a release date soon, before I end up buying a MSI instead :rolleyes:

In the booth we will be gaming on:
2 Maingear Powered by ASUS systems (https://www.maingear.com/poweredbyasus/)
· GeForce GTX 680
ROG G55
· GTX670M
ROG G46
· GTX660M
The King of the north!
34 REPLIES 34

Vicodin
Level 10
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I just bought my G55 like 2 months ago! If they come out with a G55 with the 670m... 😞

I guess the few games I play run great on here with max settings, so I would survive!

snapperwhip
Level 8
Well, I bought it two weeks ago....

But considering that I have no issues with performance at all (I don't think I've even *begun* to push it yet) and I likely got it a bit cheaper than a model with 670m, I'll survive, too. 😉 As long as there is no ~CRITICAL SYSTEM IMPROVEMENT~ we're going to miss out, on, of course.

snapperwhip wrote:
Well, I bought it two weeks ago....

But considering that I have no issues with performance at all (I don't think I've even *begun* to push it yet) and I likely got it a bit cheaper than a model with 670m, I'll survive, too. 😉 As long as there is no ~CRITICAL SYSTEM IMPROVEMENT~ we're going to miss out, on, of course.

I am with you there. You make a good point about the price. I picked mine up for $1200.00. I am sure if they make a 670m model, it will be more than that because they will still have to sell out all of the 660m models.

Personally, I have been looking at this machine for nearly a year now.

Going from 660M to 670M will increase my avarage fps in bf3 without having to reduce that many settings.

They haven't confirmed it yet tho.. But I'm sure I found a leak there 😄

But ye, the current G55 has gone down in price and I have been tempted to buy it!
The King of the north!

bignazpwns
Level 11
Seems like something Asus would do. Use the old out of date fermi based GTX 670m when they should be using the GTX 670mx that's much faster.

I have to agree.. 670mx would have been a better solution.. But I guess they don't want it to compete with the 75vx ?

Never the less, it's still better than 660m and about 15% increase in performance.

People who know how to OC might not agree with me 🙂
The King of the north!

Sagi wrote:
I have to agree.. 670mx would have been a better solution.. But I guess they don't want it to compete with the 75vx ?

Never the less, it's still better than 660m and about 15% increase in performance.

People who know how to OC might not agree with me 🙂

Until they announce it official i would just chalk this up as internet BS. More things point to this will not happen then to it will.

That would put another mobo revision for the G55's. Perhaps one with thunderbolt.

The GTX 670m was only made to sell off the stock pile of GTX 570m's. Its a GTX 570m just clocked higher. Nvidia is not making them that's why all of a sudden the kepler MX's show up. No sense in releasing something that theirs no parts for as they have not been in production for a while.

The G55 has ok cooling but it wont handle a fermi based card well at all. .

They might be planning to put the GTX 670mx in the G55 but really i don't see that happening. Its not about the cost its the fact it would put them on the same field as the NP9130 as its highest optioned gpu for that system and Asus has been staying in the lower to mid end of the gpu's for the systems. I would consider this option if they went with the GTX 675MX in the G75's but since they went with the GTX 670MX im gonna stick with them only putting the GTX 660m in the G55's until asus announces the official specs in a press release.

It's on their official facebook site.

https://www.facebook.com/events/428182483923685/

Unless it's a typo, which I highly doubt, the G55 will get a 670m 🙂
The King of the north!

bignazpwns wrote:
Until they announce it official i would just chalk this up as internet BS. More things point to this will not happen then to it will.

That would put another mobo revision for the G55's. Perhaps one with thunderbolt.

The GTX 670m was only made to sell off the stock pile of GTX 570m's. Its a GTX 570m just clocked higher. Nvidia is not making them that's why all of a sudden the kepler MX's show up. No sense in releasing something that theirs no parts for as they have not been in production for a while.

The G55 has ok cooling but it wont handle a fermi based card well at all. .

They might be planning to put the GTX 670mx in the G55 but really i don't see that happening. Its not about the cost its the fact it would put them on the same field as the NP9130 as its highest optioned gpu for that system and Asus has been staying in the lower to mid end of the gpu's for the systems. I would consider this option if they went with the GTX 675MX in the G75's but since they went with the GTX 670MX im gonna stick with them only putting the GTX 660m in the G55's until asus announces the official specs in a press release.

I absolutely agree, this would be an idiotic move and it would also impact battery life