cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gamepad for the G75VX

ShadyStan
Level 7
Guys,

What gamepad would you recommend for using on the G75VX and is it a better option than a gaming mouse (I play mostly NFS Most Wanted, Crysis 3, Battlefield 3, Dirt 3, GTA).
The problem is that when I start looking for a gamepad on the Net I can't see "Windows 8 compatible" in the description.
Only Trust gamepads seem to be Windows 8 compatible according to the info on their site but the ones that tickled my fancy didn't feature vibration.
9 REPLIES 9

Vicodin
Level 10
I am not sure what you mean by game pad, but if you are referring to a controller, you can't get much better than this!

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-controllers/razer-sabertooth

I have one, and I LOVE IT! Works on X-Box 360 or computer. I also have Windows 8.

Vicodin wrote:
I am not sure what you mean by game pad, but if you are referring to a controller, you can't get much better than this!

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-controllers/razer-sabertooth

I have one, and I LOVE IT! Works on X-Box 360 or computer. I also have Windows 8.

Yes, that's what I mean - a game controller.

bernier
Level 10
using Logitech dual action on ac3..it is win8 compatible

Nakretyn
Level 7
Hi shady;
I am using "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows" on my G75vx. And its compatible with all games. Not like razer nostromo.

I think you can use the Xbox 360 easily on your system.
Asus G75VX

mrwolf
Level 10
Yea the Xbox360 works best as 90% of games are compatible with it.. just pick up and play no settings/software to deal with..

n1ghtl1fe
Level 10
Free (if you have a PS3 controller):
I used to just use my PS3 controller and http://www.motioninjoy.com/ motionjoy allows use of ur ps3 controller thru USB or bluetooth but I never had any luck getting it to work with my G74 or G75's internal bluetooth and didnt want to buy a doggle. It's also ad supported and requires internet connection to load the ads which kind of sucks. Since I installed windows 8 a few months back Ive noticed it takes a while longer to open the program and use my controller and can be buggy.

$$$:
A month back I dropped $60 on the Xbox 360 Wireless controller for Windows LINK. It's totally worth it, just plug in the USB and sync your xbox controller and it works like a charm. Ive used it for tomb raider, far cry 3, NFS, Crysis 3, Assasians Creed 3, NBA 2k13, Dead Space 3, and DMC, with no issues or need to install drivers or configure anything (on windows 8). Also can connect up to four wireless xbox controllers to your G75 with it. Perfect for when you want to play some old school Mario Party on the big screen with a few roommates. :cool:
-Also if you have a wired xbox 360 controller you can just plug it in to USB and windows will install drivers automatically for game use. I personally didnt want any more wires so I haven't tried this. But it has to be a WIRED controller though the plug and play kits etc. that you can plug into wireless 360 controllers won't work.

hope that helps, let us know what u get
G75
-i7-3610QM -16GB DDR3
-256GB Patriot SSD -Nvidia GTX 670M 3GB
-1TB HHD Storage

Well, judging by your posts I'm inclining towards the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows. My only qualm is that this controller is a bit old product but since it has such positive feedback I'll probably get it (it seems to be good value for money). Anyway, I'll make up my mind the next couple of days and let you know what I get.

Well, as I promised here's what controller I got myself yesterday - http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/xbox-360-controller-for-windows. I picked the wired one as it has some advantages over the wireless one, plus I don't mind the cable. The controller looks very well made and had no problem installing it. So far I have played Crysis 2 and 3 and NFS Most Wanted with it and it was immediately recognized by the games - they ran flawlessly with this controller.
I have only one query about it though. Is there any way to increase/decrease general sensitivity of the thumb sticks as there is no such option under Settings/Properties. As a matter of fact there are very few settings and options available for this controller but probably it doesn't need many. Is it the game itself that has to provide such an option (for instance Crysis lets you choose sensitivity but NFS has no such option. Either game lets you toggle vibration though). I read somewhere that this controller is best enjoyed if plugged into a USB 2.0 slot (the G75VX features four USB 3.0 slots) but I don't think the USB version has anything to do with it.

ShadyStan wrote:
Well, judging by your posts I'm inclining towards the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows. My only qualm is that this controller is a bit old product but since it has such positive feedback I'll probably get it (it seems to be good value for money). Anyway, I'll make up my mind the next couple of days and let you know what I get.

Yes, I have that controller, works very well!
I agree, it's a great value @ $59.99

Click on picture to link to BESTBUY

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM