cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ya my G75VW (update it's back)

Bundy_Drop_Bear
Level 9
After waiting more than a month to get my laptop back i have been told that it should be back in my hands
on Thursday, hopefully they have actually fixed it this time and not used a band aid solution of replacing the GPU
with an even more defective GPU.

IF not i will be requesting a full replacement as it's still under warranty and as it's taken more than a month to be fixed i won't getting them to fix it again.

So fingers Cross, will let you all know on Thursday, in fact i will post a reply from the laptop.

Edit: See last post for update.
27 REPLIES 27

SpeedyPC
Level 7
What happen to the GPU? did you over cooked it, screwed it, fiddle with it, scratch it or even pee on it 😄
ASUS G75VX-T4153H

Bundy_Drop_Bear
Level 9
No none of that there was graphical flicker every 10-20 seconds when playing any game and every 5-30second when just in desktop, I tried every thing to reduce it, but nothing worked didn't matter what drivers I used none of them got rid of it, I sent it in for repair in October last year and it came back and it appeared to have been fixed but i run the setup for 3d vision and bam it was back again, so after again trying to fix it with new driver I again sent it in and it failed their test and was said to have been fixed and failed again, they assigned a tech just yesterday (Monday) after waiting for the parts last week.
Now it has been fixed as is I guess under going testing and will be sent to my local Harvey Norman store , who sent it to them on the 9th of Feb.
So fingers crossed that it will be working when i get it.

PS: I don't Overclock as I'm not too sure on how to do it and i don't want to screw it up, is safer to leave it as normal and just use the Intel speed booster thing that comes with I7 CPU's, if anything i would increase the fan speed but that would be it.

pathfindercod
Level 8
Please report back and let us know if they actually fixed it.

bignazpwns
Level 11
Bundy_Drop_Bear wrote:
After waiting more than a month to get my laptop back i have been told that it should be back in my hands
on Thursday, hopefully they have actually fixed it this time and not used a band aid solution of replacing the GPU
with an even more defective GPU.

IF not i will be requesting a full replacement as it's still under warranty and as it's taken more than a month to be fixed i won't getting them to fix it again.

So fingers Cross, will let you all know on Thursday, in fact i will post a reply from the laptop.

I hope you at least get a system back with less problems then when you sent it to them. I mean i would say i hope it gets backs 100% but that would be a first lol.

Lets us know if its fixed, any new problems if any, any cosmetic damage that was not there when you sent it.

On a side not my phone stopped working today. Not 5 min after calling Verizion i had a replacement in the mail and will be here tomorrow. That is how you handle this sort of stuff!

bignazpwns wrote:
I hope you at least get a system back with less problems then when you sent it to them. I mean i would say i hope it gets backs 100% but that would be a first lol.

Lets us know if its fixed, any new problems if any, any cosmetic damage that was not there when you sent it.

On a side not my phone stopped working today. Not 5 min after calling Verizion i had a replacement in the mail and will be here tomorrow. That is how you handle this sort of stuff!

The guy at my Harvey Norman store said he had a laptop come back damaged yet the box wasn't damaged and when he called them they said the damage didn't happen at their end yet, the box was undamaged, he sent it back and it came back to him with a new Screen. which they say they didn't put in it.

Bundy_Drop_Bear wrote:
The guy at my Harvey Norman store said he had a laptop come back damaged yet the box wasn't damaged and when he called them they said the damage didn't happen at their end yet, the box was undamaged, he sent it back and it came back to him with a new Screen. which they say they didn't put in it.

Well i think its pretty clear from the forums that Asus really don't know whats going on with system repairs and the way it looks most of the techs are about as computer savvy as a brick. To this date i have never heard of a Asus RMA on a laptop going smooth taking less then 2 weeks and getting back 100% fixed. Never.

Bundy_Drop_Bear wrote:
I will do that as soon as it get home and start it up, well maybe after I update the video drivers and install a few games
to test out if they fixed it.

will test it with the following games, maybe not all straight away but over the coming weeks.
AC3
Gw2
SWTOR
farcry3
ME3
Hitman: Absolution
Skyrim
Sleeping Dogs (has it's own bench mark tool in game)
Borderlands2
Just Cause 2 (has it's own bench mark tool in game)
Crysis2
prototype 2
And some other till my HDD fills up.

You have excellent tastes in game 😛

I hope everything works out with your RMA 🙂

bignazpwns wrote:
Well i think its pretty clear from the forums that Asus really don't know whats going on with system repairs and the way it looks most of the techs are about as computer savvy as a brick. To this date i have never heard of a Asus RMA on a laptop going smooth taking less then 2 weeks and getting back 100% fixed. Never.

The majority of RMA's are perfectly fine.

I've only had a few times where the RMA's exceeded 2 weeks and it was mostly due to part shortages. You have to remember that ASUS has different methods and repair centers per country.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Shawnnepc wrote:
You have excellent tastes in game 😛

I hope everything works out with your RMA 🙂

The majority of RMA's are perfectly fine.

I've only had a few times where the RMA's exceeded 2 weeks and it was mostly due to part shortages. You have to remember that ASUS has different methods and repair centers per country.

Thats funny because every RMA i read about Asus would not call back they took a month on average and would return with scratches or with new issues. Heck even my RMA took 2 months because they said they were out of parts and when i got it some rubber plugs for the LCD were missing, Back light cable for the kb was not plugged in "i had to plug it in my self".

But the big one was a guy i know over on ocforums sent his in and when he got it back he said it was really slow at loading up stuff. Turns out they replaced his 256gig 830 with a 1tb 5,300 rpm drive. Talk about a mad guy and even then it took him over 2 weeks just to get them email him back about it and threat of a law suit for them to replace the SSD. Yeah they did fix the unit to its original specs but how can someone replace the SSD with a normal mechanical drive and think that's the problem and even then not return the property as that SSD was not covered by the Asus warranty. Heck even i was email Asus every day about this issue for this guy till it was resolved. Took way longer then it should of and they did replace the drive and allow him to keep the 5,300rpm drive and i know some times mistakes happen "Seems like asus its more often then not." but its just how they handled this with the whole not only avoiding it for a while but saying the drive was not in the system when it got there but luckily for this guy he had some software to track his system down and it automatically emails logs of where it was as soon as it connects to the internet and it also list the system config so he had proof that the ssd was in it when it was at the tech center when it got there.

Yeah every company has some bad apples but my beef as well as the guy who this happen to was with the managers who avoided this. Given Asus does have a A rating on the BBB that's still low for a company like them. Dell is A+ no reason why Asus should not be A+. But i will say again this did correct this problem for him and let him keep the drive he was going to send it back and they said keep it and offered to replace the 830 as well as install it and he said he would install it and they sent it to him with recovery DVD's. It ended well but it was a huge huge headache and it was a long process.

bignazpwns wrote:
Thats funny because every RMA i read about Asus would not call back they took a month on average and would return with scratches or with new issues. Heck even my RMA took 2 months because they said they were out of parts and when i got it some rubber plugs for the LCD were missing, Back light cable for the kb was not plugged in "i had to plug it in my self".

But the big one was a guy i know over on ocforums sent his in and when he got it back he said it was really slow at loading up stuff. Turns out they replaced his 256gig 830 with a 1tb 5,300 rpm drive. Talk about a mad guy and even then it took him over 2 weeks just to get them email him back about it and threat of a law suit for them to replace the SSD. Yeah they did fix the unit to its original specs but how can someone replace the SSD with a normal mechanical drive and think that's the problem and even then not return the property as that SSD was not covered by the Asus warranty. Heck even i was email Asus every day about this issue for this guy till it was resolved. Took way longer then it should of and they did replace the drive and allow him to keep the 5,300rpm drive and i know some times mistakes happen "Seems like asus its more often then not." but its just how they handled this with the whole not only avoiding it for a while but saying the drive was not in the system when it got there but luckily for this guy he had some software to track his system down and it automatically emails logs of where it was as soon as it connects to the internet and it also list the system config so he had proof that the ssd was in it when it was at the tech center when it got there.

Yeah every company has some bad apples but my beef as well as the guy who this happen to was with the managers who avoided this. Given Asus does have a A rating on the BBB that's still low for a company like them. Dell is A+ no reason why Asus should not be A+. But i will say again this did correct this problem for him and let him keep the drive he was going to send it back and they said keep it and offered to replace the 830 as well as install it and he said he would install it and they sent it to him with recovery DVD's. It ended well but it was a huge huge headache and it was a long process.

Please note as per ASUS's warranty terms:

"The Notebook product line is covered under a parts and labor repair or buffer exchange warranty for hardware, manufacturing, and/or power related issues, excluding power surges and/or electrical spikes. This ASUS warranty does not include failure caused by improper installation, operation, cleaning or maintenance, accident, damage, misuse, abuse, non- ASUS modifications to the product, any software programs, normal wear and tear or any other event, act, default or omission outside ASUS’ control."

http://www.service.asus.com/#!Notebook Warranty/c23xh

Based on what you've said, it would appear that end user sent the laptop in with a non-factory installed SSD. ASUS isn't responsible for user added parts once its sent in for repair. Generally it isn't a issue because the techs will make a note of the non-standard part and ensure that it's shipped back to the customer. In this case it sounds like the unit was replaced entirely and was set back to it's default configuration.

If a customer ever needs to RMA something it's always best practice to send the unit back in as vanilla condition as possible, that removes any potential headaches for support.

Also comparing ASUS to Dell isn't really fair.

Dell is a sales company

ASUS is more or less a hardware company.

ASUS products (the ROG brand in specific) are often targeted to the prosumer or enthusiast segments that very rarely need the same level of support that Dell caters to.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com