Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyBoy View Post
    I believe they all do, yes.
    Thanks! I`ll report back if by any chance this one dosent
    Last edited by OviOneKenoby; 01-29-2012 at 07:55 PM.

New ROGer Array

My g74sx suddenlly does not recognize "alt gr" button , i have norwegian keyboard and tryed to delete it in regional,treyed to swich to english one,once again the button does not take any action.I hardly belive it's windows fault,but i just changed it and really don't want to do it again now,is there any advice you guys may have? Thank you very much !

New ROGer Array

Okay so I JUST received my g74SX NH71 and I'm running into some serious keyboard issues. my X key doesn't work unless I use the left shift key, my right shift key won't work with half the keyboard, occasionally when hitting a key I will be bombarded with a repeating xxxxxxxx(like that) until I hit backspace. I've ran all the system updates, I've updated the ATK package to 1.0.0014. Nothing has worked so far. I'm genuinely upset that the computer I spent 1400 dollars on is this broken out of the box. Not the kind of quality I expected from ASUS.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Fordalla View Post
    Okay so I JUST received my g74SX NH71 and I'm running into some serious keyboard issues. my X key doesn't work unless I use the left shift key, my right shift key won't work with half the keyboard, occasionally when hitting a key I will be bombarded with a repeating xxxxxxxx(like that) until I hit backspace. I've ran all the system updates, I've updated the ATK package to 1.0.0014. Nothing has worked so far. I'm genuinely upset that the computer I spent 1400 dollars on is this broken out of the box. Not the kind of quality I expected from ASUS.
    If you have updated the BIOS and ATK Package, and there are certain keys that are consistently errant, it's most likely a hardware issue. While some owners have found ways to modify keys to improve their functions, this shouldn't be necessary with a brand new computer.

Most units don't have this problem. So despite the disappointing delay it will cause, simply returning that unit as defective and getting a different one should take care of it.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyBoy View Post
    If you have updated the BIOS and ATK Package, and there are certain keys that are consistently errant, it's most likely a hardware issue. While some owners have found ways to modify keys to improve their functions, this shouldn't be necessary with a brand new computer.

Most units don't have this problem. So despite the disappointing delay it will cause, simply returning that unit as defective and getting a different one should take care of it.
    Thanks for the quick response. I called the ASUS support today and was given the info to return it. I gotta say ASUS is really awesome when it comes to support. I had no hold time, and was directed to an associate who spoke clear english and was very helpful. I wish all companies took after these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordalla View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. I called the ASUS support today and was given the info to return it. I gotta say ASUS is really awesome when it comes to support. I had no hold time, and was directed to an associate who spoke clear english and was very helpful. I wish all companies took after these guys.
    And I wish you experience with Asus was more universal...! (Sadly, they aren't exactly known for such stellar customer support.)

But in any event, I'm glad it went well and I hope you get a new one quickly. (I hope that the "return it" info you're talking about wasn't for RMAing it to them....what you want to do is return it to your retailer and get a different one, not send it to Asus for repair.)

ROG Member Array

I was having this same issue with my keyboard. It would skip keys as I was typing. I installed the KB driver and still the issue remained. And I followed the instructions to the letter.
    I had to RMA it to Milpitas, CA (I live in Indiana), and am patiently waiting to get it reparied and back on my desk.
    However, something I didn't mention in my RMA, is that the auto update for ASUS firmware was telling me there was a update for my firmware, but when I downloaded it, and went to upgrade the firmware, the program told me that this firmware wasn't for my laptop. However, it was listed for my laptop. No big deal, as long as the RMA issues are fixed, I will be a very happy camper.
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by grayrock View Post
    However, something I didn't mention in my RMA, is that the auto update for ASUS firmware was telling me there was a update for my firmware, but when I downloaded it, and went to upgrade the firmware, the program told me that this firmware wasn't for my laptop. However, it was listed for my laptop. No big deal, as long as the RMA issues are fixed, I will be a very happy camper.
    Thomas
    This is an error that occurs when you try to update with Asus Live Update. Consider yourself lucky that it happens, as that's a particularly risky way to update the BIOS. If the techs don't update it for you, and you want to do it after you get it back, the only way you should ever update the BIOS is with the Easy Flash utility. (Detailed instructions.)

JSBrown

Keyboard problems with G74Sx.

I am having some serious problems with my keyboard. When typing the mouse pointer takes off on its own and I even lose the text I have been typing. It becomes highlighted as if I selected it then disappears. Very frustrating trying to type a two line message/email. I have wanted to put my fist thru the dam screen countless times. What makes if more frustrating is that I cannot update to the 202 bios version at all. Asus update utility dl's it then it says its not compatible. WTF? If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array zsld0423's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JSBrown View Post
    I am having some serious problems with my keyboard. When typing the mouse pointer takes off on its own and I even lose the text I have been typing. It becomes highlighted as if I selected it then disappears. Very frustrating trying to type a two line message/email. I have wanted to put my fist thru the dam screen countless times. What makes if more frustrating is that I cannot update to the 202 bios version at all. Asus update utility dl's it then it says its not compatible. WTF? If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
    For the BIOS, I'd say instead of using the Asus update utility, go to Asus's website and manually download the 202 or 203 BIOS yourself. It should be a .zip file, so you'll need to extract the image out of that and put it on a FAT32 Flash Drive. Reboot your computer and enter the BIOS, and from there navigate and go to the Easy Flash Utility, and flash the new BIOS yourself. Takes a minute or 2 and then it's done.

edit: Follow BrodyBoy's instrutions here

As for the erratic touchpad behavior, I've had that same problem as well. And it seems like nothing fixes it for me, it randomly comes and goes The best option I've had luck with is that I always have a USB mouse plugged in, so in the mouse options I have it set so that the touchpad is disabled when a mouse is plugged in. Other than that, you could try turning down the sensitivity on the touchpad, or there may be an option for "Typing Detection" which will disable the touchpad whenever you are typing
    Last edited by zsld0423; 05-03-2012 at 05:25 AM.
    Sager NP9370
    256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 750GB 7200RPM Secondary HDD
    nVidia GeForce GTX 680M 4GB VRAM
    Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.40GHz
    16GB RAM
    Mouse: MadCatz R.A.T. 7
    Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror
    Additional Monitors: 24" 1080p Insignia LED/LCD TV and 21" Acer LCD Monitor
    Windows 7 Ultimate

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast