Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by JSBrown View Post
    I am having some serious problems with my keyboard. When typing the mouse pointer takes off on its own and I even lose the text I have been typing. It becomes highlighted as if I selected it then disappears. Very frustrating trying to type a two line message/email. I have wanted to put my fist thru the dam screen countless times. What makes if more frustrating is that I cannot update to the 202 bios version at all. Asus update utility dl's it then it says its not compatible. WTF? If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
    You can update with Easy Flash, as zsld0423 just mentioned. (This is the safest way to update anyway, so just use that method whenever you need to update.) But if this problem is essentially a bad touchpad, which can manifest in what appear to be the keyboard issues you described, the BIOS update may not help much. But go ahead and update it, then do a repair install of the ATK Package in Control Panel.

If this doesn't help, you might try a couple other drivers to evaluate whether this erratic behavior is driver-independent. Here's what I'd recommend.

• Look at the mouse device in Device Manager and make note of your touchpad manufacturer. (Sentelic or Synaptics)
    • Uninstall its driver (in Control Panel), and reboot.
    • When you reboot, Windows will install its own generic mouse driver. It won't have the multi-touch gestures, but it's functional. Use that for 2-3 days to see whether the erratic behavior occurs with that driver.
    • Download the latest version of the manufacturer's touchpad driver. Install it and reboot.
    • Do a repair install of the ATK Package in Control Panel, and reboot.
    • Use that driver for a few days to evaluate the erratic behavior.

If the touchpad exhibits the same problem under all these circumstances, it's probably bad hardware. If you are still within your retailer's return window, send that computer back and get a replacement. If not, the only true repair is touchpad replacement. But if you have a Sentelic TP and want to just use an external mouse, using driver v.9.1.7.7 should allow you to turn the touchpad off.

New ROGer Array

g74sx keyboard light solved

Good day everyone i was having the same problem related to the keyboard light of the G74sx
    tried almost every suggestion in the forum that's related to the BIoS ,was on 203 and gone back to 202 via easy flash was a success as a flash but a failure for the keyboard ,removed ATK trial and error method for almost every version and no luck
    UNTILL it worked when i followed THe GARY KEY METHOD
    here is the link :

http://www.hardwareoverclock.com/download/

choose G73JhFixKBLights.rar download
    and here is a quote from the forum topic :

http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus...-gary-key.html

That said there are three compressed folders within the downloaded file. The fine people at HP produced an excellent USB Disk Tool that allows you to create a bootable USB Flash Drive and this program is located in the HPUSBDisk.rar folder. In order to create a bootable drive you will also need the required DOS files and the nice personnel at Microsoft provided these files in the Win98boot.rar folder. Extract both folders to your hard drive and open the HP USB Disk tool and follow the instructions to create a clean bootable flash drive. Additional instructions on how to do this are easily available via Google. After creating the bootable flash drive (FAT32 is the safest option) then you will want to extract the contents of the Fixmykb.rar file to this drive.

For those of you who already have a bootable USB Flash Drive then you will want to extract the contents of the Fixmykb.rar file to this drive. Now you are ready to have the lights come on.

1. Boot into Windows and turn off the lights completely using the light switch button in the upper left corner on the keyboard deck. Insert your bootable USB flash drive with the Fixmykb.rar contents extracted on to it.
    2. Reboot and quickly start tapping the Delete key to enter the BIOS. You will want to navigate to the Boot section of the BIOS and then change the Hard Drive boot settings on Option 1 to your Flash drive. Exit the BIOS while saving the settings and the unit should boot of the USB drive now.
    3. Once you have booted off the USB drive, simply type fixmykb and you should see a flash completion screen immediately. Remove the flash drive and power down the system.
    4. Wait ten seconds and then power up the system and enter Windows. Once in Windows, turn on the lights with the switch button and you should have a backlit keyboard now, use FN+F4 to brighten the keyboard or FN+F3 to dim it.
    5. Now just in case this did not work then reboot the system and wait until you are in Windows, press FN+F4 a couple of times and the keyboard should be backlit now. We did experience on two systems (several BIOS flashes to various builds along with the vBIOS flashes) that the unit needed the ATK drivers loaded again so if the lights are not working by now, please reload the ATK drivers. I highly recommend using the latest version on our site. After uninstalling the old set, rebooting, and then installing the latest ATK driver set the lights should start working again after using the FN+F4 procedure.

My comment: this is a similar problem for the g74sx as g73 tried and voila it's like a charm ,btw i didn't need to remove atk drivers and update ,already am on -------15 version and also it gave an error on the win98 start up when u enter the folder for the keyboard fix minus 1 error can't write however still worked like a charm first a flicker when u restart then entering windows and using fn +f3 or f4 worked and the animations are assigned to it

SO my advice for every1 with the light problem follow the instructions first before trying bios flashing or anything as it did nothing for me ,i'm grateful to every1 who participated in this solution ,hope asus would adopt it and implement in the next bios

any questions feel free
    CHEERs

New ROGer Array

Hi guys, got my G74SX last week. Happy with it but like others in this thread am having keyboard issues.

I haven't read through the entire thread as i simply do not have the time. But am hoping someone can just point me to a post or explain what i need to do to fix my issue.

The issue i am having is with key presses being missed. I've in particular noticed it with the 'a' key, but several others including space bar. Sometimes it happens multiple times in a row, requiring me to press the key 3-5 times before it is recognized.

This is the only issue I have picked up on so far and am happy with my laptop other than this at this point but it is beginning to get frustrating.

I am not driver/flashing/bios savvy, so I most likely require basic, step by step instructions on how to fix this issue (assuming it is fixable). It would be very much appreciated if someone could give me/point me towards the instructions or guides required.

Thanks.

ROG Member Array

I've been reading thru this whole thread.

I have the Asus G74Sx.
    I have the same num lock problem, but unlike the gaming angle I want to be able to use alt codes.
    Is there a way to do that?
    And if I update the bios, will I then be able to do the alt codes?
    That's all I want to work, so if the bios update doesn't fix that, then I don't need to do it.

Please help

ROG Member Array

ALT codes on keypad

Simply use them ... ex: é à ê è ô etc ...

Ray

ROG Member Array

keboard issues

how do i uninstall ATK 1.0.00010. ?? also i am having problems with memory.. can i just wipe it clean and reinstall windows??

ROG Member Array

bios

G74Sx model.. I also can't update bios.. it hasn't updated since i've had this computer.. says the version don't match or something.. on the keyboard issue. will the fix uninstalling the ATK l.00010 fix the problem I am having with typing? when I type it will jump from where I am typing to somewhere else. say like to another sentence that I had already typed. it will start typng in random areas and not where I am typing at the current time. very aggravating and u have to go back and see where it added more to what was already typed. u have to erase that and move the cursor back to where u was typing. it does this all the time and also has done this since i've had it. please help me with this issue. a lot of money for a laptop that won't do right. I have no problems with the numpad however.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by quinn View Post
    Good day everyone i was having the same problem related to the keyboard light of the G74sx
    tried almost every suggestion in the forum that's related to the BIoS ,was on 203 and gone back to 202 via easy flash was a success as a flash but a failure for the keyboard ,removed ATK trial and error method for almost every version and no luck
    UNTILL it worked when i followed THe GARY KEY METHOD
    here is the link :

http://www.hardwareoverclock.com/download/

choose G73JhFixKBLights.rar download
    and here is a quote from the forum topic :

http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus...-gary-key.html

That said there are three compressed folders within the downloaded file. The fine people at HP produced an excellent USB Disk Tool that allows you to create a bootable USB Flash Drive and this program is located in the HPUSBDisk.rar folder. In order to create a bootable drive you will also need the required DOS files and the nice personnel at Microsoft provided these files in the Win98boot.rar folder. Extract both folders to your hard drive and open the HP USB Disk tool and follow the instructions to create a clean bootable flash drive. Additional instructions on how to do this are easily available via Google. After creating the bootable flash drive (FAT32 is the safest option) then you will want to extract the contents of the Fixmykb.rar file to this drive.

For those of you who already have a bootable USB Flash Drive then you will want to extract the contents of the Fixmykb.rar file to this drive. Now you are ready to have the lights come on.

1. Boot into Windows and turn off the lights completely using the light switch button in the upper left corner on the keyboard deck. Insert your bootable USB flash drive with the Fixmykb.rar contents extracted on to it.
    2. Reboot and quickly start tapping the Delete key to enter the BIOS. You will want to navigate to the Boot section of the BIOS and then change the Hard Drive boot settings on Option 1 to your Flash drive. Exit the BIOS while saving the settings and the unit should boot of the USB drive now.
    3. Once you have booted off the USB drive, simply type fixmykb and you should see a flash completion screen immediately. Remove the flash drive and power down the system.
    4. Wait ten seconds and then power up the system and enter Windows. Once in Windows, turn on the lights with the switch button and you should have a backlit keyboard now, use FN+F4 to brighten the keyboard or FN+F3 to dim it.
    5. Now just in case this did not work then reboot the system and wait until you are in Windows, press FN+F4 a couple of times and the keyboard should be backlit now. We did experience on two systems (several BIOS flashes to various builds along with the vBIOS flashes) that the unit needed the ATK drivers loaded again so if the lights are not working by now, please reload the ATK drivers. I highly recommend using the latest version on our site. After uninstalling the old set, rebooting, and then installing the latest ATK driver set the lights should start working again after using the FN+F4 procedure.

My comment: this is a similar problem for the g74sx as g73 tried and voila it's like a charm ,btw i didn't need to remove atk drivers and update ,already am on -------15 version and also it gave an error on the win98 start up when u enter the folder for the keyboard fix minus 1 error can't write however still worked like a charm first a flicker when u restart then entering windows and using fn +f3 or f4 worked and the animations are assigned to it

SO my advice for every1 with the light problem follow the instructions first before trying bios flashing or anything as it did nothing for me ,i'm grateful to every1 who participated in this solution ,hope asus would adopt it and implement in the next bios

any questions feel free
    CHEERs
    Work with this.Thank's

ROG Enthusiast Array hirethestache's Avatar

[QUOTE=cicosdinel;164271]Work with this.Thank's[/QUOTE

Is this the solution for only the light issue?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Will this work for g750jw?

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25