cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX Keyboard Issues? ATK 1.0.00010 / BIOS 202 Available (SOLVED)

Chastity
Level 10
If you are having typing issues with the new G74SX keyboard, I would recommend updating to ATK 1.0.00010. The issues with using the KB on the G74SX-3DE model I am testing here were fixed with this update.

You will need to uninstall the stock 1.0.0008 version, reboot, then install the 1.0.00010 package, and then reboot again.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/ATKPackage/ATKPackage_Win7_64_Z100010.zip

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/G74SX/G74SxAS202.zip

BIOS allows for NumPad keys to function normally in games, and addresses lag and other abnormalities.

EDIT: I wanted to add that Shift + Numpad key toggles the key like NumLock. If you use a macro that ties Shift with a Numpad key, I suggest you use another binding.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]
250 REPLIES 250

kingmagister
Level 7
Hi, I have a problem with my Asus G74sx
My ROG button can not activate 3D mode but can activate power 4 gear mode
I can't setting keyboard Shortcuts to Enable stereoscopic 3D
Help me please ...Thank you..:p

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks for the tip, it has fixed the cursor keys pb,

now still the issue with numpad, ned a numlock

even using win registry, i cant activate numlock, we need a fix !

Check this thread. There is supposed to be a bios in the works.

http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?3220-Asus-G74SX-A1-Keypad-Problem&highlight=G74SX

tfitz
Level 7
My keyboard makes a high pitch clicking noise sometimes when typing. Would this fix that?

Chastity
Level 10
Uhm, I don't think so. Software updates do not fix hardware issues. Maybe the upcoming BIOS update will.

Chastity
Level 10
Note: G74SX 202 BIOS is available

Fixes: Keyboard lag and reassigns numpad keys back to "NumPad" 🙂

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/G74SX/G74SxAS202.zip

MD5: 1D7A47510E1ABA9A0BC3A94BBCAE1A63

When I try to flash it, a big message pops up saying "File can not be read fully". Any solutions to this? I'm attempting to flash the .202 file that you provided. Is it an invalid format or something?

fearfromtron wrote:
When I try to flash it, a big message pops up saying "File can not be read fully". Any solutions to this? I'm attempting to flash the .202 file that you provided. Is it an invalid format or something?

Worked just fine for me.. Try re-downloading.
G74SX A1

Retired
Not applicable
MAY BE SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME. I JUST GOT THE NEW ASUS G74SX 3DE AND THE KEYBOARD HAS A VERY DIM LIGHT EVEN AT THE MAX STEP.
I JUST UPDATE THE ATK TO THE NEW VERSION BUT NOT THE BIOS.
HAW CAN THIS ISSUE BE FIXED.
THANKS A LOT