Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Boosted_R's Avatar

Update works great, with ATK and BIOS 202, no more lagging....... Model G74SX-XC1................. Strange thing though, beside the caps lock light, there is another light with no designation and is ON all the time now :S
    GL702VSK / GTX 1070 / M.2 960 EVO

HTPC MINI-ITX / FRACTAL CORE 500 / GIGABYTE GA-AB350N / GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC 4G / RYZEN 5 1600 3.9GHz / M.2 960 EVO / G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 3200MHz
    OLD
    ASUS G74SX-XC1 / INTEL 7260 AC / Samsung 850 PRO / TUNIQ TX-4 / BIOS 203 / 335.23

New ROGer Array

I have a problem after update to BIOS 202 to reboot, but Windows will not start already. Power LED is lit and only now is a black display.
    Know someone help?

Anz
    Same issue wont start anymore.. doesnt do anything from start button. What to do?

knowpub

G74SX Keyboard Issues NOT SOLVED with ATK 1.0.00020 / BIOS 202 NOT SOLVED

Quote Originally Posted by Chastity View Post
    If you are having typing issues with the new G74SX keyboard, I would recommend updating to ATK 1.0.00010. The issues with using the KB on the G74SX-3DE model I am testing here were fixed with this update.

You will need to uninstall the stock 1.0.0008 version, reboot, then install the 1.0.00010 package, and then reboot again.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...64_Z100010.zip

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/G74SX/G74SxAS202.zip

BIOS allows for NumPad keys to function normally in games, and addresses lag and other abnormalities.
    ASUS G74SX Keyboard Problems NOT FIXED with New UPDATES

Chastity, I just got my SECOND G74SX from Amazon, the first one was returned. I know have a SECOND ONE with the SAME F**KING keyboard PROBLEM.

I followed your excellent instructions that were posted, I updated to bios 202, I removed .8 of the ATK and rebooted, installed .10 and then rebooted. Guess what. I still have the random stuttering keyboard on a $1650 LAPTOP ! This has me incensed. I want this laptop to work and to work correctly.

its completely random...it comes and goes. When its happening key storkes are missed no matter how hard you type, SHIFT TAB happens just randomly as you type and your cursor hops all over. This happens in notepad, email, microsoft word, ANYWHERE you have to type anything.

I need a solution for this, or I'll have to dump this worthless computer and get something else from someone else.

Any ideas ? I keep on hearing that the asus tech phone supports sucks beyond compare, and am afraid I won't get any help from them.

Thanks so much, help please. You seem to be the expert.
    Steve

p.s. I just called ASUS tech support, they have NEVER EVER Heard of the keyboard problem, NOTHING in their database, zero help. They wanted me to send the computer back to them and wait 10 to 14 business days. Hell, I'll send it back to amazon and get a refund.

TeamROG Notebook Member Array Chastity@ASUS's Avatar

That's Bizcom, not Asus themselves, and they're clueless at times.

I would uninstall the Keyboard Filter 1.0003 and reboot. See if things go back to normal using the MS driver. If so, then you can reinstall the KB Filter driver. Sometimes, the resources get remapped, and the driver needs to be reinstalled and resources redetected. Welcome to Windows. If you continue to have issues, then we'll setup an RMA with Asus Customer Care team.
    Kicking Ass Since Today

Ghostlp
    Bios update doesn't work, it's a 202 file and this computer can't open it..... Why does this god damn expensive notebook have ****y keyboard? This is my first Asus... I'm not impressed at all..

Ghostlp
    THIRD ATTEMPT TO SEND THIS FREAKING COMMENT....
    WHY is the file 202, G74SX can't open it. WHY does asus make a laptop without proper working keyboard and numpad+!?!

FineWolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlp View Post
    THIRD ATTEMPT TO SEND THIS FREAKING COMMENT....
    WHY is the file 202, G74SX can't open it. WHY does asus make a laptop without proper working keyboard and numpad+!?!
    Download WinFlash from the ASUS support site (Direct Link) and open the .202 file using that software.

What ticks me off more however is that while this fixes the problem in Windows, the numpad still isn't working in Linux (which I use daily for work). Can we just have a switch in the BIOS which would get rid of that stupid calculator key and would make the numpad behave like a traditional one?

Excsy
    I downloaded bios update 202, unzipped it and updated my bios via restart, entering setup and using bios flash utility. After bios update was finished the computer shut itself down.

And I can't turn it on again No reaction to anything I do. No LEDs turn on, not even the charging led for the battery.

Is there anything I can do except returning it?

m1lkb0ne
    Quote Originally Posted by knowpub View Post
    ASUS G74SX Keyboard Problems NOT FIXED with New UPDATES

its completely random...it comes and goes. When its happening key storkes are missed no matter how hard you type, SHIFT TAB happens just randomly as you type and your cursor hops all over. This happens in notepad, email, microsoft word, ANYWHERE you have to type anything.
    The "cursor hops all over" symptom suggests that the touchpad is sensing your hands while you are typing. This might help. (It worked for me.):

Right-click on the "Finger Sensing Pad" icon in the notification area and choose "Settings". This will open the "Mouse Properties" dialog box. Click on the "Finger Sensing Pad" tab. Then click the "Configure" button. This will open the "Finger Sensing Pad Configurator" dialog box. In the "Configuration Items" pane, click on the "+" next to "Enable/Disable Pad". Then click on the words "Typing Detection". In the right pane, make sure "Disable pad while typing" is checked. Then click on the "+" next to "Typing Detection" and click on the words "Reactivation Time". Use the slider in the right pane to increase this time from 0.5 sec to 1.0 sec or more. (Experiment with this value to see what suits your typing style best.) Then click on "OK" at the bottom of the "Finger Sensing Pad Configurator" dialog box, to close the box and save your new settings. And finally click on "OK" at the bottom of the "Mouse Properties" dialog box to dismiss that box.

It also helps to arch your wrists while typing so as to avoid triggering events on the touchpad.

Hope you find this useful.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast