cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for some ideas?!?!?

pcjunkie209
Level 9
Hey anyone got any CAD ideas they wanna see come to life? I prefer solid works but whatever works. If it is good and others like it and I have it fabricated I'll send u one. I'm not pulling your chain I am serious. I'm currently looking to start a new line of cases and am looking for a creative mind to help come up with a few ideas. I have a few already. ( I have all the machinery at my fingertips to make a quality case. )

Main things I am looking for is options in a case like most people are. For instance MountainMods cases, DangerDen cases those kind of options. Swappable panels, windows, no windows, etc.

Keep in mind a lot of extreme Pc users like room for water cooling gear and some don't care for that. So I have a few sketches already like a small micro, a full tower and a huge tower that would support all boards and quad rads. So let me know. Pm or respond here. Thanks
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com
7 REPLIES 7

Cody_Irwin
Level 10
How about a idea to put fans on ur hard drives like how a case front fans has dust filters that open to the side, but instead the fans open to the side when you wanna put in a new harddrive or something so ur HD's stay cool as well, but the fans wont have to be unscrewed to put in a new one.

Or how about a so to say a like breifcase mod so to say, where you can put ur computer into a case thats modded like a briefcase the thick wide ones that are metal usually, I cant remember what they are called. But you dont keep it closed when in use,only when its shut off. it is completely exposed, but you can also take one of ur monitors, and remove it from the stand, and have it go from anywhere to a 19inch to a 24inch monitor (24inch is almost the size of a computer mid size case.) and pop it into the top of the breifcase wich has holders that you tighten just to hold the monitor.

Pretty much a simple explaination, Ive wanted to do this for years, and someone I saw awhile back did it and I was like Awhhhh

This is what I mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6LEIVROOyg

But I would prefer to have a full size Mobo in it, so its not limited to a mini.

Sure it will be heavy to carry around, but if you have a decent handle built onto it so you can carry it, but the metal used or anything isnt too heavy as well, I would think this would be a awesome case to actually have produced.

Cody_Irwin wrote:
How about a idea to put fans on ur hard drives like how a case front fans has dust filters that open to the side, but instead the fans open to the side when you wanna put in a new harddrive or something so ur HD's stay cool as well, but the fans wont have to be unscrewed to put in a new one.

This gives me a notion. The Antec 900 and some others I suppose have removable cages with fans in the front, except the drives mount front to back in the case. Newer cases have been trending toward hard drives mounted sideways. Having a cage with a front mounted fan and sideways mounts for hard drives would be best I think. I'm not sure if anyone has done this or if this is what Cody is referring to. It would take some clever brackets to allow easy mounting of the fan + getting the hard drives in & out. Perhaps the removable clip rails used in some cases would work best for such a design.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Like honestly, I think I know what you mean xero. but i also mean sideway mounted Harddrives with like air intake vents on the side of case for some fresh air to come in, But the fans mount onto the harddrive cage pretty much, the vents just serve as a fresh air intake while fans blow directly onto it.

You can also make it so ur fans Mount by sliding in a holder as well i was thinking too, One peice on top one peice in middle (Middle area holder peice acts as a top and bottom peice so 3 mount holders are needed total) and one on the bottom so you can have 2 fans covering ur whole harddrive bays if you use that many. As well as, It will not be that hard to do a bracket xero, All you need is a small hindge at the side of the bays, and it is connected to the bracket where you can screw on fans, and when you close it, the bracket hits agaisnt the plastic/metal so it is flat, and wahlah you got ur self a HD bay cooler. The only thing I think would be needed, is make the side panel stick out a WEEEE little bit more then the haf x, so the fans arent right up agaisnt it, but the holes for ventilation you still get air.

I would prefer it my way because I dont feel like Keeping fans connected onto a case, they should be connected on the inside so you can freely remove the side panel when ur showing it off.

Best way to think of this is, Take ur Ram coolers from like corsair ect. And turn them into 120mm fans, Add a few hinges on it, and find the perfect spot on the left of the harddrive bay to connect the hindge and make it connect when it is directly flat or w/e. On top of that, a little simple locking feature like a little pin would be nice too so the fans stay tightly in place and dont wobble away from directly blowing on the cpu. Ill try to draw up a real bad paint sample of what I mean. lol

Cody_Irwin
Level 10
This is like a really really bad thing I drew up but I mean, hell it gives you sort of a Idea. I just couldnt really make any 3d images, I have never done anything like this to show people so please excuse my horrible paint skills haha.

Cody_Irwin
Level 10
I still worded things wrong in picture too lol, pretty much the middle would be a sideways capital T so it holds both fans in place, a shield comes behind the fan on the screw mount areas so the fans can stay in place. the top fan would have a capital L turns 90degrees to the right so the fan hits the edge where it looks like half a T to stay in place and opposite for the bottom. Stuff like that. Hope this gives you a general better Idea >.>

pcjunkie209
Level 9
I'll have to look at that some more when I'm not so tired from fighting my new media center/portable gamer. 🙂
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com

hehe, Btw that link to youtube in that one post, is different from the fan idea so you know 😃