cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoebus or other options

pathfindercod
Level 8
So it seems major issues with this card. I need a 7.1 sound card for my Tiamat 7.1 headset. My on board audio on the Maximus V Formula is junk. I play BF3 and COD2 online, that's it. I have dual gtx680 classifieds. I don't know why I keep looking at this card knowing the issues it has. What's a good alternative or can we see real resolution soon? I don't mind spending the mony on the card but i don't want to waste my money on the card of you know what I mean.
10 REPLIES 10

pathfindercod
Level 8
Guess there is always amazon so i can return it if it isnt working right.

Tassy
Level 7
pull the phoebus out mate its junk,the Maximus Formula isn't actually bad sound, specially when the AEC on it fixed alot of the issues I was having with my Mic on my Steel-series H7 headphones. But that pile of scrap Phoebus doesn't have it..... so I had to buy a 20$ mic at Dick smiths to use

pathfindercod
Level 8
I dont have the Phoebus yet. I use Tiamat 7.1 and the onboard sound just cant seem to drive them very well. My gigabyte motherboard i had with the onboard Creative Xfi 71 worked GREAT. The problem is the new gigabyte board uses the recon chipset and is only 5.1. I thought Id give Asus a go with the Maximus V Formula... I have tweaked and tweaked the onboard sound and it just doesnt have the juice to drive the 7.1 headphones... So i need to either ditch the tiamat 7.1 at this point and get a USB virtual surround headset or get a sound card....

You can buy a headphone booster amp (NOT the RoC one) it doesn't work.

slikk
Level 7
I have the Tiamats and the Phoebus. I have had no issues with the sound card. Most often, people with issues have caused the issues themselves. Follow the instructions on install procedures in the Phoebus guide,and you should be fine. The Phoebus card really make the Tiamats shine. Best combo available today. In my opinion.

pathfindercod
Level 8
Thanks slikk

pathfindercod
Level 8
I guess I will try one from Amazon, that way if I have issue i can return it. Neweggs return suckssssssss.

pathfindercod
Level 8
Well, mine will be here Monday. I hope for good luck 🙂

the headphone amp is for headphones, not a 7.1 headset.

it drives 2 channels so it isn't what your looking for.

tbh i ditched a 5.1 headset years ago and got a quality sennheiser pc350 headset, stuck some hd650 velour cups on and bass modded it.