cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get 3D ision to work after RMA return [solved]

Bundy_Drop_Bear
Level 9
For some reason my 3D vision isn't working any more, I just got me G75VW back for repair (check other post)
I have the 3D glasses so I know my screen works as a 3D screen plus before I sent it off it was working fine.

I run the test and select the Wired Glasses test and it asks me to plug them in when they are already plugged
in, it shows a plug with a green glow yet mine didn't come with a USB cable that has a green light on it, I have a standard
USB plug, which is the same as the one I use with my Samsung Galaxy S3, just the 3d glasses one is shorter other wise they are the same as the plug into the glasses is the same as my phones charger socket.

I have charged the glasses and the charge light is now just on instead of flashing which means it's charging.
I have several games that are 3D enabled as when i launch them they are in 3d mode and i can see a double image, yet when i put me glasses on and turn them on nothing changes.

I updated my drivers using control panel as there was a note with my laptop asking that i don't use the drivers from Nvidia web site as they can sometimes cause the laptop to preform abnormally.
I tried download just the 3d drivers but the launcher says the drivers are in compatible with my laptop.

any help on this would be great.
6 REPLIES 6

chrsplmr
Level 18
Refresh our memory Bundy goodSir. What did you RMA your prized ROG for 'them' to do ???

I was so looking forward to this coming back and you gushing with glee.
No joy ?? c.

Shawnnepc
Level 13
Bundy_Drop_Bear wrote:
For some reason my 3D vision isn't working any more, I just got me G75VW back for repair (check other post)
I have the 3D glasses so I know my screen works as a 3D screen plus before I sent it off it was working fine.

I run the test and select the Wired Glasses test and it asks me to plug them in when they are already plugged
in, it shows a plug with a green glow yet mine didn't come with a USB cable that has a green light on it, I have a standard
USB plug, which is the same as the one I use with my Samsung Galaxy S3, just the 3d glasses one is shorter other wise they are the same as the plug into the glasses is the same as my phones charger socket.

I have charged the glasses and the charge light is now just on instead of flashing which means it's charging.
I have several games that are 3D enabled as when i launch them they are in 3d mode and i can see a double image, yet when i put me glasses on and turn them on nothing changes.

I updated my drivers using control panel as there was a note with my laptop asking that i don't use the drivers from Nvidia web site as they can sometimes cause the laptop to preform abnormally.
I tried download just the 3d drivers but the launcher says the drivers are in compatible with my laptop.

any help on this would be great.

Are you attempting to use the glasses wired?

Are you USING the 3D wired glasses?

The glasses that come with the G75VW are the 3D vision 2 glasses and to the best of my knowledge , they will not function wireless.

Is the 3D emitter icon (near the webcam) activated when in 3D mode?
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

I did update my other post and will bump it to get it back to front page.

Secondly when i was trying to get the glasses to work the menu in the 3D setup wizard was different, which was because the 3d version i had was an older version, as ASUS had made a note on the info i got about what they had done saying "don't use the drivers from Nvidia web site as it can sometimes cause the PC to work abnormally" which i have now installed as I tried installing just the 3d vision driver and it failed.

when i updated the drivers to the latest "314.07" as the drivers on Asustek were 8 months out of date and updating through control panel got the drivers to 310.##, which still didn't work with the glasses.

Also I am using them wired as the setup wizard show it needs to be plugged in, the older wizard had some light on the USB lead which mine don't have, I have gotten mine to work with out the lead as the latest version of the setup wizard doesn't show a lead connected to the glasses in the setup process.

but any way here is the link to my other thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?30731-Ya-my-G75VW-will-be-back-in-2-days

Bundy_Drop_Bear
Level 9
My 3D is now working as the older drivers weren't compatible with the glasses i have that came with my Laptop.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Awesome .. now there is some good news.
How bout the rest of it ?? Joy? finally ?? .c.

edit: bundy, if all is well and you are pleased now with
this rma .. only if .. would you consider PM'n Zygomorphic or one
of the other mods/admin to add the word [Solved] to the title?
I think this way the right impression .. ect. ect. just a suggestion bro.thnx.c.
[mods/admin: if ask'n this is 'over the line' ... whistle.]

Thread is closed and title updated to note the solved status, as per PM request of @Bundy_Drop_Bear. If this thread should be re-opened, just let me know and I will re-open it. It is closed to keep it on topic. Glad you all got it resolved! 🙂
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23