cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS V FORMULA AND Debug Code 4F

ph4ntom
Level 7
hi there everyone.

after getting my MVF from ASUS Service it wored fine for 2 weeks, and all the sudden it BSODed on me last night. the DEBUG LED shows 4F followed by 6 beeps then the MB reboot it self, tryed to clear CMOS with the button on the IO, but it did not help. when i remove ram stick i beeps for ram 1 long falowd by 2 short. when i put ram in one stick at the time in any of the A1,B1,A2,B2 it stops at the DEBUG CODE 4F. any sugeestions ?

CPU - 3770K
MB - MVF
RAM - [ TridentX] F3-2400C10D-8GTX 4GB x 2
PSU - XILENCE 600 W
GPU - RADEON 4890 HIS

13 REPLIES 13

chilinmichael
Level 10
I'd unplug the computer for a while (few minutes). Clear CMOS, try again. You could also try re-seating the CPU if all else fails (though in this instance it's not a regular troubleshooting technique). The fact that it started doing this out of nowhere leads me to believe you need another RMA...
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

ph4ntom
Level 7
since yestarday i unpluged the cord and removed all the parts from the MB and the battery, celared CMOS but it did not help at all.

ph4ntom
Level 7
bios ver. was 1604

Chino
Level 15
1. Disconnect everything from your motherboard.
2. Remove the CPU, RAM and GPU.
3. Take the motherboard out of the case and it on the box it came with.
4. Remove the CMOS battery for 5 minutes then put it back.
5. Install your CPU with its stock heatsink.
6. Insert one stick of RAM into the DIMM_A2 slot.
7. Connect the 24 pin and 8 pin power connectors.
8. Power up your system using the Start button.

What's the QCODE on the DEBUG LED now? Does it still beep? If so how many continous and how many short beeps? Look beside the 24 pin power connector. There are 4 QLEDs. Do any of them stay lit?

ph4ntom
Level 7
same behavior after taking everything apart. non of the QLEDS stay's on, the CPU led blinks for a sec. then it switches to dram led, it goes on for a sec. then it goes off, and then the DEBUG CODE 4F and it beeps sometime 3x another time 6x. like in the the movie i posted above. but when i remove ram the DEBUG LED stops at 20 and beeps 1x long, 2x short and the QLED, DRAM it stay lit.

Chino
Level 15
1. Download the 1408 BIOS from Asus website.
2. Format a USB pendrive to FAT32.
3. Extract the BIOS file and rename the file to M5F.CAP.
4. Put the BIOS file on your USB pendrive.
5. Shutdown your system.
6. Connect the USB pendrive to the white usb port.
7. Press the USB BIOS Flashback button/ROG Connect button for three seconds till the LED begins to blink, then release.
8. Wait till the LED stops blinking.
9. Power on your system using the Start button.

Any progress?

ph4ntom
Level 7
after downgrading the from 1604 to 1408 BIOS via ROG CONNECT the MB do not boot at all. tryed going back to 1604 same think no boot at all.
think i have no luck with this MB :(.

Chino
Level 15
Power up your system again. When it's stucked on the error, press and hold the Go button for a few seconds. It'll start flashing and hopefully when the motherboard restarts itself, the system should post.

Let me know if it does or doesn't post.