cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asmedia storage controller issue

zombicide
Level 7
asus crosshair v formula-z : as title states iv found a problem with the asmedia storage controller with both front and rear storage controllers enabled it really decreases the performance of my SSD's (sandisk 240gb) firstly noticed during OS launch when it takes its time to load windows and a general decrease in performance once windows has loaded 😕 when i disabled both front and rear asmedia storage controllers my system boots really fast (as it should) and has seemed to have fixed the fault, is this a common problem ? and any advice on how to properly fix this so i can re-gain my 2 lost sata ports without chocking the performance again ?
7 REPLIES 7

SUKARA
Level 10
Welcome...

Did you already upgrade the motherboard latest version bios?

Zka17
Level 16
Yeap, when the ASMedia controller is enabled in BIOS, it takes longer to boot... it needs time to initiate it and load it's drivers... - and that's indifferent of BIOS...

If you can, use the Intel controller and you will be fine... - do you really need the ASMedia one? How many drives you want to connect?

hi , yh bios is 1302 and it was when i flashed it to the latest i discovered everything worked alot quicker but then my optical drive and all usb 3.0 ports stopped working lol so back to bios and found all had been disabled so then enabled then again enabled them before i realised it was the asmedia storage slowing it all down , the only intel controller i remember seeing is for the lan :s , i was planning a raid 10 driver hence the need for more sata ports , thanks anyway 🙂

Zka17
Level 16
He-he, sorry, I mean the SB950 controller... 🙂

That has 6xSATA 6GB/s ports... and does support Raid 10... - the ASMedia controller has only 2xSATA ports...

How many drives do you want to connect in total?

also whilst im here , do you know if the asus ai suite is bugged ? minus the asus fan control service , reason im asking is coz on the auto tuner it crashes the system when trying to push my fx8350 past 4.2ghz (corsair vengeance 1866) but when i tune from the bios to 4.8ghz it oc's easy and passed prime95 stress test . . . i probs sound like a noobie lol XD

zombicide
Level 7
oh right lol the sb950 controller is defo on , i just thought it odd that the 2 asmedia ones somehow conflicted with the sb950 ones despite not having anything connected to the asmedia anyway, i was thinking either raid 10 or 5 it doesnt matter much atm im using 3 drives plus an optical so still plenty of room , spose i just didnt like the idea of missing 2 sata and 2 esata lol

Zka17
Level 16
You can not do Raid over two controllers anyway...