cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bios update issue windows wont start bios wont get past press f1 to setup

Kommando_Kodiak
Level 7
So I decided to update my bios from 1204 to 13 W/e I decided to do it via that Asus software package when the automatically DL latest bios option wouldn't work because it couldn't connect to the Asus servers I did the manual option where I downloaded it from the the site and selected the File via a run path from the software and hit "run/install it" detected it as the right version and when it finished it said to restart I did that and windows wouldnt boot its stuck at the post screen asking me to setup in the bios when I do and regardless of the options I picked the screen would go black and at the top right the an underscore(_) would be flashing and the debug code would read 00 since I was I gonna install my parts the next day I waited and would check the CPU pins and swap ram sticks. I've done all that I have nearly the same issue I'm stuck in a ppost loop same "press f1 to setup" post codes 34 and 64 I managed to use ez flashback in the bios which works and flashed the bios to 1404 also the 13xx flash didn't work and the his , before I flashed it read 1204 or w/e it was. Previous to this I've never had any issues. Specs are
I73930k
R4e (duh)
4x4gb (16gb) 2133mhz dominator
H100 with cooler master r4s on a fan controller @100%
Gtx580
C300 ssd boot
1tb WD caviar black hdd
ANTEC HCP-1200W PSU

As far as LEDs on the the Board the yellow bios and yellow graphics card are lit along with a red one just behind the main board power cord port labeled VGA
15 REPLIES 15

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
If you are flashing from a 1xxx series BIOS to any of the 2xxx or 3xxx series you will have to run the CAP converter http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?20587-Video-Guide-CAP-Converter-BIOS-Update&country=&status...

I would use BIOS flashback method...http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/ for flashing any BIOS...

Latest BIOS is 3504

If you want to stick in the 1xxx BIOS range even easier......

However your R4E has 2 bios chips....maybe switch over to the second chip and see if that boots...if so you can copy that good bios to the other chip and start again 😉 ( Bios switch 2-2 of manual or 2-13)

I said within the 1xxx series and I forced copy over the bios when I was freaking because I forgot about the bios button no change so to clarify after the failed install within windows I did a bios flash to bios 1404.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
hehe to clarify :confused: 'm not sure what BIOS you have on what chip...If I were you I would use the BIOS flashback method I linked above to flash a newly downloaded BIOS (fresh new file don't use what you have already) Flash this to both chips if they are both not working.

Both bios' are now the same however No changevalso that red led by main power is the boot led

Kommando_Kodiak
Level 7
Please, chime in guys' I'm getting tired of the american mega trends screen

Kommando_Kodiak
Level 7
The lack of fans plugged into the designated CPU fan pins wouldn't be the issue right

Same problem again windows booted and worked but in 800x600 lacking video drivers and other drivers and installed provisional drivers asked to restart I did and were back to square one

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes, plug a fan in.

And you could do worse than to reseat the CPU and check the pins in the socket are OK If you are sure you have a good BIOS.

Kommando_Kodiak
Level 7
Arne thank you for taking the time I appreciate it! I installed the cap converter and went with the latest bios windows booted stay tuned if anything turns up again I'll post here again