cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sound issues

gmastra
Level 7
Hi , just wanted to know if any people are having intermittent sound problems. In that one day everything works great the next no sound.
I found that removing realtec drivers brings back the sound but then I lose the soundblaster ? Sometines I reboot several times before the sound returns. I think it has something to do with a windows update. As it seems to have started the problem after a recent update. but being intermittent I never know if its fixed ( sods law )
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey there! 🙂

Maybe try rolling back your PC using restore point to before where you think the update affected it...

Maybe uninstall drivers in safe mode with driver fusion and then reinstall latest....

Could help if you say waht MB you have etc.;)

handyrandi
Level 7
I have recently experienced the same issue. Two nights ago hubby and I were watching netflix on the TV which the computer is connected to. The audio comes from the TV as it is connected via hdmi. The next day I upgraded my video card driver and when we went to watch tv we had no audio...I plugged my pc speakers into the rear audio jack, which was working the day previously for ventrilo and there was no sound. The only port working for audio is the headphone jack on the front of the pc...I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to try rolling back my graphics card driver to see if that corrects the issue...any other suggestions or ideas would be great...would hate to think its my brand new mother board 😞

johndamon
Level 8
Well, count me as someone whose sound recently decided to go AWOL. Never had any sound problems until 3 or 4 days ago. Now I cannot get my sweet Subwoofer + 2 Speakers to lay down anything at all! Headphones work fine, and the software monitor shows audio activity when the speakers are plugged in, but nada! Reinstalled Realtek, but still nothing. Heeeelp!
i7 3770K @ 5.0GHz DeLid 1.44v | Maximus V FormulaTFX BIOS 1803 | 16GB G. Skill Trident X 2666 LB5 1.65v | AX1200i | 2xGB HD7970OC 1050/1410 MOD BIOS 13.8 BETA CF | 840 Pro 256GB SSD |2x840 Pro 128GB SSD | 2xWDC 2 TB | Corsair 900D | Windows 7 64Bit HP | EK Supremacy Cu | EK CoolStream XTX 360 | EK DCP 4.0 | EK MO X3 150 | Panasonic 46" + Pan 42"x2 1080p LED LCD | APC Back UPS 1500/865| APC Voltage Regulator

handyrandi
Level 7
I finally had the time to sit down and look at my sound problem and I figured mine out although it probably won't help anyone else. The reason my rear audio wasn't working is that for some reason when I plug in my speakers an audio window now pops up that I need to actually select the rear port for the speakers to work and I was able to get the audio back on my TV by going into my nVidia control panel and going to sound options...I had to devices listed for digital audio out, my monitor and my TV..I turned audio off for my monitor and the sound to my TV returned. I never had this problem until day before yesterday when I updated my nVidia driver...before the update my pc just auto selected my audio output

pwnda
Level 7
If you're running off a ROG Thunderbolt sound card then don't expect any help. If you seek any support for this product they basically turn their back on you and pretend you don't exist. They don't even acknowledge that this device exists in their sound innovations page. The only sound card they show is that Xonar one. ROG Thunderbolt Audio driver page doesn't even exist, they are literally pretending like it doesn't exist.

johndamon
Level 8
Funny that I have had the same experience with the sound configuration window popping up, though I do not have an Nvidia card. Unfortunately, choosing the rear plug hasn't fixed my issue.
i7 3770K @ 5.0GHz DeLid 1.44v | Maximus V FormulaTFX BIOS 1803 | 16GB G. Skill Trident X 2666 LB5 1.65v | AX1200i | 2xGB HD7970OC 1050/1410 MOD BIOS 13.8 BETA CF | 840 Pro 256GB SSD |2x840 Pro 128GB SSD | 2xWDC 2 TB | Corsair 900D | Windows 7 64Bit HP | EK Supremacy Cu | EK CoolStream XTX 360 | EK DCP 4.0 | EK MO X3 150 | Panasonic 46" + Pan 42"x2 1080p LED LCD | APC Back UPS 1500/865| APC Voltage Regulator