ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array fbm211's Avatar

Max V formula.-So far so good

I'm really liking this board so far. I got all the drivers installed last night as well as AI suite II. My 3770k was running at a 16 multiplier until i installed that for some reason. Its at 39 now and idle temps are at 28-29 c. I still have to set my gskill to xmp though.
    The sound seems pretty good for onboard but I have yet to play any games or run bbenchmarks. So I have yet to determine if a discrete sound card is needed. I'm still using the good old klipsch promedia's..
    The board was a tight fit in the NZXT M59 but it did fit.I will likely get a haf or thermaltake nvidia full tower soon.
    Later.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array MultiDoc PC Specs
    MultiDoc PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VIII Impact
    ProcessorAMD 5950X (Burrow CPU pump/block/reservoir combo)
    Memory (part number)Crucial BL2K32G36C16U4B
    Graphics Card #1ASUS 3090 TUF OC (EKWB waterblock)
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ
    Storage #1Corsair MP600 2TB
    Storage #2Corsair MP600 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom loop, dual 240mm radiators: XSPC Ultra Slim + 2xNF-A12x15 & Alphacool XT45 + 2xNF-A12x25
    CaseNcase M1 v6.1
    Power SupplyCorsair SF750
    Keyboard Wooting One Premium
    Mouse Logitech G703
    Headset Audeze LCD-GX
    Mouse Pad OcUK 3XL extended
    Headset/Speakers Soundblaster Katana X
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterNetGear R7000
    Accessory #1 Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam
    Accessory #2 2 x Samsung 870 EVO 4TB
    Accessory #3 EKWB VTX pump fitted in the Burrow CPU pump/block/reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by fbm211 View Post
    I'm really liking this board so far. I got all the drivers installed last night as well as AI suite II. My 3770k was running at a 16 multiplier until i installed that for some reason. Its at 39 now and idle temps are at 28-29 c. I still have to set my gskill to xmp though.
    The sound seems pretty good for onboard but I have yet to play any games or run bbenchmarks. So I have yet to determine if a discrete sound card is needed. I'm still using the good old klipsch promedia's..
    The board was a tight fit in the NZXT M59 but it did fit.I will likely get a haf or thermaltake nvidia full tower soon.
    Later.
    I'd say get rid of the AI Suite II, causes problems and conflicts in the long run.

WOW you're the only other person I've seen owing/using these GREAT Klipsch speakers ! Not gonna be replacing them any time soon.
    Asus Crosshair VIII Impact, 5950X, Crucial Ballistic 2x32GB @ 3600MHz, 2 x Corsair MP600 2TB, 2 x Samsung 870 Evo 4TB, Asus 3090 TUF OC, Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ, Panasonic UJ265 ODD, Ncase M1 v6.1, Corsair SF750, Logitech G703, Wooting One, Soundblaster Katana X, Audeze LCD-GX, Logitech C920 HD Pro, Win 10 Pro x64

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array fbm211's Avatar

The klipsch promedia v2 - 4.1 were the best PC speakers ever made. Except for the heat issue in the sub that eventually burned out some caps and resistors. Sadly I lost my right rear signal so I only got 2.1 now but they still rock.
    So I should get rid of AI suite huh?
    I was wondering why there was a special uninstall utility thread.

Banned Array

running at 16x multiplier at idle is perfectly normal when one uses stock clocks (downclocks to 16x when not needed) or when running running OC with vcore offsets, it's normal.
    use a stress test loader like Intel Burn Test or Prime95 to load the stress on CPU and the multiplier will jump back up where it belongs, double check with CPU-Z. use some core temperature monitoring software like RealTemp 3.70 or TI 1.0 and you will know much more

IBT:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...esting-program

Prime95:
    http://mersenne.org/freesoft/

CPU-Z:
    http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Realtemp:
    http://www.techinferno.com/2012/11/2...now-available/