cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modified the rig and add water cooling to asus gtx 680 D2 top two cards.

rog-classified
Level 9
Hi bros and sis ( If any:rolleyes:). At last i make it happened. My new rig is up and running again with out a volcano inside::).
For a long time i was suffering with the issue, How to make 3 slot VGA cards( In my case Asus GTX 680 D2T 3 slot cards ) run native in MVE With a mounted sound card.

First problem i got is when i try to mount 2 cards in MVE PCIE 1 slot and PCIE 2B slot(2 native slots) you cant mount any sound card to any other PCIE X8 or X16 slots. if we mount a card to any other slot (except PCIE X4) slot PCIE 2B will be disable. The thing is if i mount cards to PCIE "1" and "2B" i cant mount my sound card to PCIE X4 because 3 slot card block the X4 port.
The second problem i got when we run a 3 slot card in sli the first card get over heat. This let me no choice but go water cool.

This is my first real custom water cooling rig build by my self. The box I made by my self:cool:. Tubes may be too long but cant help. I think 2 Pumps can handle it. After water cooling, Temperatures drop from 45 to 26 in top card and 33 to 28 in second card:). It was a hard day yesterday but after all it looks cool. At first i was having tons of questions. I was lucky to be a part of ROG family. I got all the answers and guiding in very quick time. Save me of making mistakes. Special thanks to Zka17 and KKn for The help :). For all others who help me "thanks":).
It ain't over till the fat lady sings :cool:...
15 REPLIES 15

kkn
Level 14
real nice 🙂
turned out great i say 🙂

Zka17
Level 16
Good job, rog-classified! :cool:

I really like your "cooling box" idea! Later on you can even improve it...

How are your temps now?

rog-classified
Level 9
Thanks guys. Yes its cool. Temperatures are grate too. 26 to 29. starting summer now. Room temperature is about 24 to 26. Lord temp is about 47 to 49 when burn in frumark. Before it go up to 70 something. Really cool and love it. Not a single leak yet. NF F12 Fans are so silent. cant here a thing. i use fan control to control pumps, is it ok? when it in 3/5 speed pumps are silent as well. Thanks again for help:).

rog-classified
Level 9
Hi guys. After 2 days of test run water cooling rig i found the one of the EK water block is leaking :(. I contact EK and return the bad block to retailer. I`m disappointed, Water did not leak form fittings but from the VRM side of water block. have to wait another 2 week to get a new one.Image1877918780187811878218783

Zka17
Level 16
Ooops, that is very unfortunate! 😞

Is your card OK? How did you observed the leak?

rog-classified
Level 9
Card is fine. i was lucky, the bottom card leaks. If it was the upper card story will be different. Fortunately i found the leak before it leak to the sound card. Is this a common situation, have you seen water block leaks like this or I got really unfortunate.

rog-classified
Level 9
HI. Can i use this EK SLI connector to connect 2 GTX 680 DC2TOP water blocks. 3 slot. I`m using MVE - PCIE 1 and PCIE 2B for cards. Black one or transparent one ? little help please:).
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17486/ex-blc-1352/EK_FC_Bridge_Dual_Parallel_3-Slot_CSQ_-_SLI_Conn...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16696/ex-blc-1185/EK_FC_Bridge_Dual_Serial_3-Slot_CSQ_-_SLI_Connec...

rog-classified
Level 9
Hi guys. At last i got a new water block from EK with two back plates and a water bridge. Wait two week for a replacement. mount it and test for a 6 hours, no leak so far. Back plates are really strong and Bridge mount it solid...19597195981959919600

kkn
Level 14
nice sir 🙂