cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My screen and keyboard is broken. What to do?

Tmjpwns
Level 7
I just got my G75VW up and running after a while waiting for my SSD.

But i have just noticed that if i move a little the screen blacks out or flashes the different colors of the picture it should normaly show. So this is a hardware problem somewhere between the GPU and the Monitor itself.

Now, the keyboard i see some others have a problem with, I'm used to this type of keyboard from my G74 but the G75 is just crap compared to the G74's. It's just not as responsive as you would expect for a gaming notebook.
Especially the G, Shift and S button is bad.

I have contacted the local Asus branch for repairs, but are there anything i can do in the meantime?
G751JY 32GB GTX980M OC, Killer Wlan, Liquid Metal.
Maximus XIII, I9-11900, 64gb,TUF RTX 3080, ROG Ally
8 REPLIES 8

Tmjpwns
Level 7
Found the problem with the screen, loose connector on the mobo, and for some odd reason there was a tiny screw (smaller than those used on the notebook) stuck to a piece of tape on the connector.

The keyboard is also seeing improvements for some odd reason. maybe there was several bad connectors that i fixed when opening her up.

Asus please stop rushing when building these things!

Sagi
Level 7
Hehe glad you got it sorted out on your own 🙂 At least you can enjoy it now!
The King of the north!

Tmjpwns
Level 7
Did not want to send it in to get it fixed. 14 days without it would be a bit of a bummer since i just got it up and running with a OS i can use on the SSD's.
Besides, I'm a certified mechanic, i can pick anything apart and put it back together correctly 😛

Pitcher1
Level 9
u r send to service center now? if yes, please check it fix complete when you take back, how long have you bought it, if not over service pollicy, you can change new one.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Tmj..cudos bro. I have never seen an issue or post so quickly responded to by a member.
Bravo for jumping right in and helping this OP out and reminding us that Mechanics got no quit in'um.+

Best of Luck. Welcome to ROG.

Mike_Lu -- I think he said he is good.c.

Tmjpwns
Level 7
Yeah I'm good, i got impatient and since the problem was intermittent i thought I'd have a look.
Picking things apart, inspecting, repairing and replacing is 90% of my life so I'm not afraid.

Did the same with my G1S, but the graphics card was toast so i let Asus fix that. They even did it under warranty on a 3 year old computer.

Tmjpwns wrote:
Yeah I'm good, i got impatient and since the problem was intermittent i thought I'd have a look.
Picking things apart, inspecting, repairing and replacing is 90% of my life so I'm not afraid.

Did the same with my G1S, but the graphics card was toast so i let Asus fix that. They even did it under warranty on a 3 year old computer

An RMA with a Smile ??? ... whew !!! U mean sometimes it works ??? .. I knew it.

Jok'n aside .. cudos.
So, did you pass out when you got your bill for fix'n your G75 ??? hahhaha.c.

Tmjpwns
Level 7
Never got a bill, never sent it in. I fixed it myself. Warranty rules are a bit different here. My computer is covered by a 2-year warranty from date of purchase. And from my experience Asus picks up the bill on faulty components, assembly defects etc. Anything that is not caused by the user. Except the battery, that only have 1 year warranty. But i did not want to send it in on RMA. What would i do for Easter when everything is closed. I would be without a computer for 3-4 weeks.