cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I burned up part of the mother board on my G75VW...

parasurfer1979
Level 7
So the other night i was getting ready for bed and I put my laptop in the bed. After i got in the bed and covered up I noticed my computer was off. I pressed power and nothing. So I pulled the battery, held power button for 30sec, installed battery, and it was back on. The next morning I got out of bed, went to get laptop and noticed an electrical burning smell like a toaster than was burned up. The computer again was off and would NOT come on. I called ASUS and the rep was awesome. He emailed me a FEDEX shipping bill to take with me. He thinks the motherboard may have been overloaded. That night out of a whim I pulled the battery, Held power button again for 30sec, put back in battery and It booted up just fine. Now that said, the keyboard lights wont cut on so something is def wrong. Could overclocking graphics card possibly could have done this? It was at 135mhz and ram 400mhz. Im shipping the system off Monday and when i get it back I just want to be certain I keep things within parameters. Thank you for any info you can give me. BTW the only game i play is MS Flight Simulator X.
1 REPLY 1

kkn
Level 14
i would sugest to post in the notebook section