cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd noise from CG8480

nowimbecomedeat
Level 7
every now and then when playing games or even randomly (about every 30 minutes) i hear an almost hiccup like beep from my computer, I'm not sure if its coming through the speakers at the moment, could it be my mobo signaling an error, or is nothing?
6 REPLIES 6

nowimbecomedeat
Level 7
the noise is definitely not coming from my speakers, it is coming from the casing

Chino
Level 15
Is it possible for you to record the noise that you're hearing? I can't seem to imagine a hiccup kind of beep. 😛

nowimbecomedeat
Level 7

sorry for the lower quality recording, the sound is at 0:03-0:04 any sound after that was me handling the recorder

Chino
Level 15
After playing the recording multiple times, it shoulds like something is loosed and the vibration is causing the noise or it's coming from the PSU. It's hard to tell. Either way it'll require you to open the case and look for the sound. This brings me to the next question. How long have you had your system? We don't want to go voiding any warranties now. lol

nowimbecomedeat
Level 7
the system is only a month old so I doubt the warranty would allow me to open it up, my question is how serious could this be? should I not use the computer until I get it fixed or is it an issue of minor importance?

Chino
Level 15
Only time will tell. I'd suggest you use it normally like you would. If problems like random shutdowns, frequent BSODs, critical system freezes, etc... start to arise then we should worry.

Now that I listened to it again, it could be a noise coming from the hard drive since it sounds more like a click than a beep. Either way, continue using your system and report back if any of the mentioned symptoms start to show itself. 😉