cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

basic water cooling needs!

rowsjun
Level 7
hello there!

i am wanting to start a new adventure... the adventure of water cooling!
well i'm a MASTER newb when it comes to water cooling so i wanna start easy...
what would be my basic needs for water cooling?
the parts i would like to water cool are.

CPU and GPU... starting easy...
what would be my basic needs for this?
and is there a possibility to water cool my SSD??? cuz it gets quite hot!
build in sig

greetz!
Case: Sharkoon REX8 Value | Mobo: Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP | CPU: i5 3470 | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | GPU: Sapphire HD7950 Boost 3GB | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x4gb | SSD: OCZ Vector 2 60GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB | PS: Cooler Master GX Lite 500W | DVD: Samsung SH-118AB
5 REPLIES 5

Zka17
Level 16
The basic parts for watercooling are:

- Waterblocks for your parts (CPU and GPU)
- Radiator(s): as much as you can fit in your case
- pump
- reservoir
- tubing
- fittings

As for your SSD, what do you mean by "quite hot"? Those usually don't get even warm... if you feel that you can not put your hands on it, then better start looking for a replacement...

rowsjun
Level 7
well on the SSD part... it just feels warm/hot not like BURN...
for the parts list thanks...
but do you have some experience with good brands. what is easy to fit on, good performance, etc.
can someone make me a list of some sort? with the good stuff?
would be much appreciated!
Case: Sharkoon REX8 Value | Mobo: Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP | CPU: i5 3470 | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | GPU: Sapphire HD7950 Boost 3GB | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x4gb | SSD: OCZ Vector 2 60GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB | PS: Cooler Master GX Lite 500W | DVD: Samsung SH-118AB

Zka17
Level 16
Be sure that you have a fan blowing on your SSD, but more onto your HDD... - that's more than enough to keep them at right temps...

EKWB has pretty much all you need for watercooling... - you can order directly from them or check who is selling their products in Netherlands...

in order to give you exact part suggestions, may need to know from where exactly you would buy your stuff... - I can make a suggestion based on the US stores, but that would be pretty useless for you...

rowsjun
Level 7
parts will most probably be ordered here http://www.highflow.nl/

kkn
Level 14
well it may be a problem since the case you have dont have fan slots in the top and bottom of the case? ( from what ive googled ).
if your interested to use an external unit you could use that.
or else you would have to buy a new case.

and my options is only becouse i googled your case and came up whit one like this: http://cdn.eteknix.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/DSC_8300.jpg