Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

I have alot of games installed on steam is all. (about 30+) It isn't them coursing the problem. The Phoebus was not working right when you changed things from day 1. Anytime you clicked on sound modes like music,fps etc, it would crash.... but now that I have it working stable, I dont mess with it. The only trouble is, when I found I couldn't reinstall driver updates. It's kind of a shame because the sound it gives is quite nice (its a huge improvment over the maximus formula, but thats expected.....

I am gonna try an boot in safe mode an see if it works.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

I think you've got something messed up on that system, which is why you cannot uninstall. The only reason any of us are providing advice is because you've indicated a desire to update. Nobody else has the issue of BSOD during uninstall I know of.

An easier debug would be to use a spare HDD to perform an OS install on and then see how the card works. if it still crashes something deeper is amiss - either some kind of weird system instability or a deeper hardware issue. Either way, this is not common. Without performing this debug, there is no chance that someone will ever know what to patch. Nobody else is reporting the same issue. What makes things even harder is when people come in here and say they have an issue, but provide very little detail on their system and think that everyone else must have the same issue simply because the soundcard has some known bugs.

In order for anything to be patched, it HAS to be recreated. If other systems dont have the issue, this makes things monumentally difficult unless some very comprehensive info is provided and all possibilities of OS related configuration issues, or driver conflicts are eliminated. It's like finding a needle in a haystack otherwise.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well the safe mode idea worked beautifully, upgraded an even flashed the bios without a hitch... thank Christ for that, its nice that something works for a change.

I have provided alots of detail mate, an the problems I have been having with the Phoebus alot of people have on your forum posted about it. But that's not really the issue, I was not just "complaining" I was simply frustrated at 2 months of banging my head on wall trying to make the sound card work properly.... It seem to be working now so that's fine. I spent a great deal of money on RoC/Asus gear, I think I can be excused for getting a little frustrated at so many troubles. Other people have indeed been having same issues. I wasn't having a BSOD by the way, it was just a total freeze of everything, then when I cold started, it had corrupted all sound drivers, an I had to do a system restore to fix it.... But for some reason that I don't understand tonight, I did a safe mode, boot an uninstalled them reinstalled, which worked beautifully

I must have missed those posts then - my bad. Can you link me to these posts where other people have a freeze when they uninstall the driver please? Are you overclocked in any way?

Looking back at your post history Tassy, it appears this was the "move" that screwed up your uninstallation process:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...559#post235559

Sounds like the OS is to blame for this issue, you probably have a driver update there that is either corrupt or you clicking "update" did something it should not have done. That's not really the card's fault in my opinion.

I have nothing against folks moaning, BUT there are times when the issue is not the hardware but rather a mistake that has caused a conflict. In such cases, it's not a bad idea to correct any possible misinformation.

-Raja

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

I was excited when seeing there was a new driver, uninstalled, rebooted and installed the new drivers, thinking by some chance they may force the firmware update to 1015...no dice, so I uninstalled and rebooted again. Downloaded 3.08 and reinstalled....install ran, without needing to reboot for the firmware update...so i'm still stuck on 1014. I might have to give Safe Mode install a go and see if there is any change, if not, eh I dunno what else to do. If the update to 1015 Firmware is no big deal, then I won't bother, otherwise i'll ship off another email to support to let them know.

HQ told me again this morning the FW update is a complete red-herring. So, stay on 1014 - 1015 is the same thing.

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    HQ told me again this morning the FW update is a complete red-herring. So, stay on 1014...
    Ok mate, I may have missed that if you said it elsewhere. I do apologise, thanks for letting me know

No worries. Caught a lot of people out, including me.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Raja what do you mean with

is a complete red-herring

my phoebus is on 1015 whats up with 1015???

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast