cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yaaaay! Finally a new official Win8 Phoebus Driver from ASUS :)

loiphin
Level 7
60 REPLIES 60

InternetOwl
Level 8
Thanks for the heads up. Downloading now. Do these include the beta fixes? Gotta find out. 😉

From the Korean Website site (translated by Google) :

1. Add DTS Ultra PC II.

2. Add new gaming profile.

3. Fix: select the CPL Profile, with PCEEv4 parameters modify mode within PCEEv4, CPL's Profile are not immediately linked.

4. Fix: Select a Profile open SoundRadar, and then close the EX and select Profile Profile does not fall back to the original.

5. Fix: create a new set dolby PCEEv4 profile profile as to switch the profile opportunity whims PCEEv4 occurred parameter error.

6. Fix: Line in / Aux in the Monitor function just open the opportunity whims intermittent sound.

7. Fix: Enable DTS Ultra PC pop message.

8. Fix: The state of the volume lock manually enter the the db number, left and right value difference 0.01

Newt182
Level 7
Bitdefender detects some kind of virus (false positive, obviously) near the end of the installation and it doesn't install properly. I had to disable the anti virus and install.

Drivers seem good. And have fixed a few small things I had before. Also, you should really always disable anit virus before installing drivers. Whee!

Brandhor
Level 7
there is also a new driver for windows 7

Luxion
Level 7
Since I never got to update the firmware on my Phoebus with the previous driverset, I'm guessing I'll need to do an uninstall-slot swap-reinstall and get that accomplished before I can think of installing these. Not my favorite thing, but oh well...

EDIT: I saw Raja's post in the old driver thread about how the firmware update was a "bug." That's officially the weirdest bug I've ever seen, then...at least the new driver installed without a hitch.

Question. If the firmware update was a 'bug', and you 'updated' your firmware and now with the new drivers its still reported as 1015 not 1014. Is that a problem?

I know it was said to ignore it one way or the other, but seems odd.

Also, yes, strangest 'bug' ever. However new drivers are working swell so far.

InternetOwl wrote:
Question. If the firmware update was a 'bug', and you 'updated' your firmware and now with the new drivers its still reported as 1015 not 1014. Is that a problem?

No problem I know of.

spizone
Level 7
Should i "Clean Install" these, or can i install them over my previous driver ?
Intel 2700K (4GHz) : MSI-G43-Z77A : 16Gig RAM (1600) : Gigabyte AMD R7870 (OC) : ROG Xonar Phoebus : CoolerMaster RS550-ACAAE3 GX 550W