cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First High End Build! Build log

SKOONJar
Level 7
Hey guys i've been saving up for a while and finally purchased a majority of the parts for my new high end build. It however doesnt have any asus/rog parts on It but none the less I though some of you might be interested.

Specs:
CPU: i7 3770k
Mobo: MSI Z77A GD65
Ram: 8gigs of Corsair Vengence
PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 modular
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7770 ( old card needs to be updated)
43 REPLIES 43

SKOONJar
Level 7
But please note I do not have a case and I would like to get one this week. I need a case that newegg has that is 120$ or under. Please HELP!

SKOONJar wrote:
But please note I do not have a case and I would like to get one this week. I need a case that newegg has that is 120$ or under. Please HELP!

Would you like a mid tower? Full tower? or even small one?

Full tower preferably

Hmmm I was just looking at the Corsair 500r and the NZXT Phantom what do you think of those?

jokrik
Level 7
Its pretty hard to get a full tower at a decent build with 120$
and yes, phantom is pretty good but its le plastic
dont get me wrong I'm also using a switch 810 but now I rather spend more on the build quality

you wont go wrong with either C70 or Phantom
what cooling will you be using?

Stock for a while then to a closed loop or a custom water loop. Like a month min

Whats a good mid tower thats big for that price

jokrik
Level 7
To be honest It would be great if you can spend some more on the case
because from personal experience you wont get maximum space for radiators with that budget and will ended up with no future proofing (ie adding another GPU,etc) and have to invest in another case

If youre planning to get into the custom loop world than you might have some excessive budget

the thumb rule personally is 120 rad space for each components and an extra 120. But I'll always go further 🙂

lets say you will be cooling a CPU and GPU only so you would need at least a 360 radiator or 240+120

But THIS is a good case IMO

nearly in your budget, some loop potention, good quality build and the sound dampening is just awesome