Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: M5 1707 bioses

Banned Array

is anybody else running SSD RAID0 having Read performance issues with this BIOS/OROM? I will be checking things with 1604, because I see my SSDs performing slower on Read while in RAID0 than they do in a single mode. kinda weird and unexpected. yet I am new to SSD RAID0 so don't have comparison, maybe it's just my SSDs running like that.

Also, sadly my system hung in BIOS twice (only mouse pointer moving) on saving Boot Order Settings, but only after I toggled CSM mode (disabled <-> enabled). it never does that if I don't touch CSM at same time and it never does that if I touch CSM alone.
    not saying its bad, just saying it can do that and it calls for hard reset when it happens, also after restart you will find that nothing was saved actually.

Sunwind, BIOSes on ASUS website are same as those in OP of this thread. I checked md5checksums.

@feniks

Official 1707 bios (comes with the 11.0.0.1339 OROM), official RST 11.7.0.1013 drivers, Gene V, 2xVertex3 120Gb in raid0.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	19071

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	19072

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	19073

Name:	Looking good.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	243.3 KB 
ID:	19074

Looking good and trim works...not the absolute best numbers i've seen but not bad either...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by feniks View Post
    Sunwind, BIOSes on ASUS website are same as those in OP of this thread. I checked md5checksums.
    ok cool thanks for the info, don't have to reflash then

Banned Array

thanks fommof... I am sad now, cause my drives are not performing like yours in RAID0. yours can do over 900MB/s on sequential Read, mine go below the speed of a single drive and I don't know why. I was testing with same BIOS+OROM+IRST

also, I just switched back to BIOS 1604 and the darn thing broke my RAID0 kicking out the second SSD from array... ended up with unbootable failed array. deleted it, re-created it and restoring from backup under 1604. what I noticed however is that 1604 carries the same OROM 11.0.0.1339 as 1707 does, is that correct?

or should I reflash the 1604?

thanks fommof... I am sad now, cause my drives are not performing like yours in RAID0. yours can do over 900MB/s on sequential Read, mine go below the speed of a single drive and I don't know why. I was testing with same BIOS+OROM+IRST
    Strange...i am not familiar with the brand and model of your ssds but it's not normal...

what I noticed however is that 1604 carries the same OROM 11.0.0.1339 as 1707 does, is that correct?
    Hmmmm, are you sure about that? I remember that 1604 carried some 10.x OROM that's why i was using a modded one with an 11.x version to have raid0 trim support...

Banned Array

yeah, not normal it is, but it's a new array so I have nothing to compare it with from the past. I havent used raid on former bios, so not sure about orom.

so it should be 10.x? wondering why mine says its 11.0 ... one thing I noticed when switching BIOSes is that iROG1 and iROG2 were not rewrritten after swiych of BIOS (MVE has 2 BIOS chips, was always rewriting iROG1,2 when switching between them)... I think I will re-flash 1604 and compare.

I just hope its all not a sign of a dying board...

Quote Originally Posted by fommof View Post
    Strange...i am not familiar with the brand and model of your ssds but it's not normal...

Hmmmm, are you sure about that? I remember that 1604 carried some 10.x OROM that's why i was using a modded one with an 11.x version to have raid0 trim support...

y
    so it should be 10.x? wondering why mine says its 11.0 ...
    I could be wrong, let's wait for someone to confirm...

Dual bios huh??? Nice!!!

Banned Array

I could be wrong, let's wait for someone to confirm...

Dual bios huh??? Nice!!!
    I finished restoring raid0 image, went back to bios, reflashed 1604 (still on BIOS1 position as I was), restarted, loaded defaults in BIOS, switched to RAID mode and same problem. OROM (still 11.0.0.1339) reports the array as failed and the second disk reports status "non-raid disk" ... WTF ...

why with every BIOS switch or BIOS reflash my raid array breaks and secondary disk gets kicked out to non-member status? I think that is related to the fact that my raid0 array performs in sequential Read worse than a single drive, but I don't know why ...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by feniks; 03-31-2013 at 08:23 PM.

why with every BIOS switch or BIOS reflash my raid array breaks and secondary disk gets kicked out to non-member status?
    That's strange too man...i flashed and reflashed more than 20 times when using the 1604 (due to the known issues and checking different oroms). Add another two flashes with the 1707, one with the 12.5 orom and the finally back to the official 1707.

Never lost my raid0, not once. Same thing with my previous mobo, an asus p8p67-evo...

Strange...

Banned Array

this bugs me. it's like the secondary disk doesn't really fit the array with first one somehow or otherwise why would OROM kick it out with every BIOS change ... that and slow read speeds in raid0 make me think something is wrong here ...

the secondary disk is new, I might send it back to newegg claiming it is defective (doesn't work in raid0) and just buy a pair of Samsung 840 Pro or Kingston HyperX. then just sell my old primary SSD to recover some money.
    if that doesn't help then my board's controller must be bad ...

That's strange too man...i flashed and reflashed more than 20 times when using the 1604 (due to the known issues and checking different oroms). Add another two flashes with the 1707, one with the 12.5 orom and the finally back to the official 1707.

Never lost my raid0, not once. Same thing with my previous mobo, an asus p8p67-evo...

Strange...

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast