Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Quote Originally Posted by chilinmichael View Post
    x2. Why is it not up on the site? The newest Phoebus driver went straight to the site. No offense, but this is rather shady to me being hosted on Mediafire and nothing talked about from Asus reps.
    Yeah, ummm the Phoebus 3.08 driver was hosted and is still hosted on a Mediafire account...still think it's shady?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chilinmichael's Avatar

The link was put in an official sticky by Raja.
    Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Shamino works for the ROG team. He's tested himself and posted here for the sake of it being quicker than waiting on the red tape through the normal channels. Nothing shady going on. You guys wanted a fix ASAP, here it is.

It's not often you get R&D guys and engineers participating in forums with end-users, I'd consider it a boon rather than shady.

-Raja

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chilinmichael's Avatar

Ok thanks then, sorry didn't know who he was!
    Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

Banned Array

thanks for updates Shamino.

OROM is still 11.0 sadly, but so far the BIOS itself runs very well. I have yet to go through some hellish borderline stable OC and see if it holds settings later.

Quote Originally Posted by fommof View Post
    Sorry, i was referring to the Intel RAID OROM 12.0.0.1783 (latest version as far as i know, i need the RAID0 trim capability cause i use SSDs in RAID0).
    I think SSD RAID0 TRIM works in 11+ OROM, no?

I finally got the second SSD for RAID0 and was planning to install it tonight ... however I got slightly screwed by UEFI AHCI mode I installed my OS in (now running IRST 11.7) ... for the life of me I can't make the thing boot (with a single SSD) in RAID mode, even after double checking the registry keys ... also the CSM needs to stay enabled otherwise the RAID controller doesn't detect any drives (it does with CSM enabled).
    Last edited by feniks; 03-27-2013 at 04:52 PM.

ROG Member Array

Finally.

Peter saving the day for Asus once again...

Quote Originally Posted by feniks View Post
    I think SSD RAID0 TRIM works in 11+ OROM, no?
    Yes sir, it does and frankly although i have in my usb stick the 1604 with the 12.x orom i haven't tested it yet (like you said, trim works with 11.x just fine, it was just i was that discouraged by the 1604 itself so there was no point for me to try the same bios with the latest orom) ...

Keep us informed about the new bios, i won't have the chance to try it any time soon (darn!) but i'd love some feedback...
    Last edited by fommof; 03-27-2013 at 05:56 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array Jackwolfskins's Avatar

I would like to express my thanks to every one that made this possible.

THANKS
    -= CROSSHAIR VIII HERO =-
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Super OC
    AMD R7 3800X
    GSKILL TRIDENT Z 3200 CL14 RGB
    SAMSUNG 960 EVO 250GB
    CORSAIR RM650i

Banned Array

1604 had 12.x OROM? hmmm, had no idea, never checked that ... if so then maybe the final 1707 BIOS will be released with 12.x OROM too? kinda weird it went backwards on this one.

anyways, will do some bench testing on CPU with lots of jumping between offset and fixed clocks tonight if time allows, that should test the BIOS/CMOS stability.

still not sure what to do with my current OS install (UEFI+AHCI) ... probably I will need to back it up as is (for safety purposes and important files restoration later) and just do a fresh install in UEFI+RAID0 mode ... kinda sucks, not sure why but I can't convert the OS from AHCI mode to RAID, perhaps the UEFI boot (Windows Boot) settings would need to get updated, but all I can say is that Automatic Repair can't do that, neither can I and google seems to have no answers to that query either.

Quote Originally Posted by fommof View Post
    Yes sir, it does and frankly although i have in my usb stick the 1604 with the 12.x orom i haven't tested it yet (like you said, trim works with 11.x just fine, it was just i was that discouraged by the 1604 itself so there was no point for me to try the same bios with the latest orom) ...

Keep us informed about the new bios, i won't have the chance to try it any time soon (darn!) but i'd love some feedback...

feniks, talkin about a modded 1604 with 12.x orom...just like the 1604 modded with the 11.x one (which is exactly what my gene has right now)...

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast