cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when I hold the spacebar down and hit my "3" key

Manzier
Level 7
Can anybody help with this problem I'm having? I just got a new G75VX from best buy and when I hold down my spacebar and hit the 3 key, the 3 key doesn't work. It works when I'm not holding down space bar, though. It's an issue that I encountered while gaming but the problem is there even through regular use.

I have all current drivers so I'm not sure where the problem is coming from.
6 REPLIES 6

Pitcher1
Level 9
Unfortunately, you should change other hotkey or add other external KB.

Manzier
Level 7
Thanks for the response. So is there no workaround for this issue? I've never heard of anything like this. Should I just take it back to best buy and try to swap it out for a new one?

Ichigo0Soul
Level 9
It's not a defect with your unit, and swapping it out for another one won't change anythign. Most keyboards actually have some sort of limitation on the keys that can be pressed simultaneously and still work. It's called key rollover. You can test it if you hold down both shift keys at the same time and type out "THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG." This uses all of your alphabet keys. When I do it on my G75VW-TH72, I get : THEUIKROWFOJUPSOERTHELAYDOG

Having bad key rollover is pretty normal for standard keyboards. To get better results and have full keyboard functionality, I'd recommend purchasing an external keyboard and using that instead. Look for "N-Key Rollover" keyboards.

Hope this helps!

Ichigo0Soul wrote:
You can test it if you hold down both shift keys at the same time and type out "THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG." This uses all of your alphabet keys. When I do it on my G75VW-TH72, I get : THEUIKROWFOJUPSOERTHELAYDOG

That's a very good answer! Do you have 3 hands?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
Do you have 3 hands?

No, but I came out of the factory with two pinky fingers to hold the shift keys and six additional fingers & two thumbs to type with. XD

Tmjpwns
Level 7
Lol, i nearly lost my left pinky yesterday 😛
G751JY 32GB GTX980M OC, Killer Wlan, Liquid Metal.
Maximus XIII, I9-11900, 64gb,TUF RTX 3080, ROG Ally