cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb problem on Asus maximus iv extreme (keyboard and mouse not detected)

Retired
Not applicable
Hello all,

Last week, I purshased the maximus IV extreme and I'm happy of everything except the usb 3.0 ports.

Sometimes when I power up my system my usb devices (mouse and keyboard) seem to be disabled. I think it comes from the NEC usb controller. When the system boots the bios alerts me about the non presence of any keyboard. I tried to update my bios at 1409 version, it doesn't solve the problem. If I connect my devices in another usb 3.0 ports, it seems to work but after a while those ports become also dead and at this point 4 usb ports are useless.
The only solution I found is to completly shutdown the computer (by switching off the power supply). After that all seems to work normally, all ports become available again for a moment...

I try to update the nec controller firmware but the updater doesn't work with multiple usb controller.

Any of you have an idea how to solve the problem ?

Configuration :
- Maximus Extreme 4
- Intel core i7 2600 K (turbo ratio * 40)
- corsair cmx8gx3m2a1600c9 (XMP profile : 800 Mhz, CAS L 9.0, RAS->CAS 9, RAS Pre 9, tRAS 24, tRC 41, Voltage 1.650)
- Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 580
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
I think I've seen something similar around here. Does this thread sound like the same thing:
http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?2740-usb-issue
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Thank you xeromist, I didn't see this post before.
Hope one solution presented helps me to solve the problem.

k guys, this is how u fix it, quick and ez. many thanks to this guy

http://www.ajperysian.com/2011/12/10/asus-maximus-iv-extreme-z-usb-3-0-driver-issues-rear-usb-not-wo...

davidwilkerson
Level 7
was set bios crashes in the post, I took the internal usb hub that comes with the card installed, and now I'm using my g11 + my DeathAdder Mouse 3500 without problems

Doco
Level 9
Hope you get it sorted, I've had similar problems myself using my keyboard and mouse - when I finally got the usb ports working I started using the 2 usb 2.0 ports for my keyboard and mouse, no problems since ( please dont jinx myself)
i7-2700K @ 1.33v 4.6ghz/ Asus Maximus Extreme IV-Z
Nzxt Phantom + Nzxt Havik 140
His IceQ7950 3G/Corsair VX550
Finally Updated to Windows 7! :cool:

davidwilkerson
Level 7
well, until now I have no more crashes in the post bios! 🙂 Using the whip that came with the motherboard USB 2.0! I believe that USB 3.0 ports have been made for storage .

Prophet
Level 7
So, I am having this issue now. I had it fixed months ago by setting the USB 3 to NEC in the BIOS. Last night the machine was working fine. This morning I lost the top four and one more from the fifth row. I also lost the the front USB 3 header. When I plug my mouse into any of those ports, the lights flick on for a slit second then goes dead. I can not even get into BIOS when plugged into USB 3 ports. As far as I can tell, they are totally dead.