Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

True . But if Nodens says that rectangle is not used for anything and is irrelevena to mobo work, then there should be no need of troubleshooting. I think im going to intall this mobo , afterall its the best looking of all i got last days . I just wrote to ASUS service and to my distributor that this mobo has those scratches out of the box and that i wanna use it , just need assurance they wont blame me and those scratches in case of further failures. I hope there wont be any issues tho. BTW , dont You guys think it would be wise to isolate this anyway with simple transparent nail polish ? If this rectangle is not connected to the mobob this wont change anything but it would isolate it electrically and it wont corrode in the future. I want this build to work a long time without rebuilding so if those tracks start to corrode it would not be good.
    Last edited by izajasz; 04-06-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

Quote Originally Posted by izajasz View Post
    Are You 100% sure about the rectangle ? I am really low at electrotechnics an manufacturing PCB's. And yes, the seals are a must imo.
    The square area has no traces and its number shows the total PCB traces. Your photos show tiny amounts of solder flux that has remained on the board. This is a result of the mass production process on every motherboard. It's not a defect; it's absolutely nothing to worry about. Honestly, some of the pictures I don't even see the issue.

What we do take exception to is the fact that you're both complaining and questioning whether it's relevant. We always try to be supportive as possible to our customers, but we must also defend our brand from outright wrong accusations that can leave the wrong impression in others.

You admit you don't know what it should be and the result is an absolutely normal and perfectly good board - one you haven't even plugged in yet! Further to this you throw around false ideas that our distributors are out there to damage our goods!? What possible point could there be in doing this? They would only have to handle the cost of RMA. We've NEVER had an incident of fake ROG MB simply because the level of technology is hugely cost intensive to replicate (otherwise we wouldn't be the only ones making them).

While the questions raised in this thread are worthy of discussion - we don't mind that at all - the continued approach and accusational attitude in the face of all evidence is completely unacceptable. I've closed the thread before it perpetuates a further wrong impression as you have your definitive answer.
    Last edited by _; 04-06-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7