Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS 10 X64 Pro
    Network RouterVerizon Fios
    Accessory #1 Intel Wifi BT pcie card
    Accessory #2 Red Bull
    Accessory #3 English Breakfast Tea

I purchased what looked like a factory sealed ATI 9700 pro video card from a brick and mortar store only to get home and discover the card was missing from the box. It was tough explaining to the store manager and getting a card. So plastic wrap is not the savior your looking for, as dealers can re-wrap without you knowing the difference. Just my opinion but i would be cautious where you place the blame. I like a product in perfect condition but I would be most concerned in its function not that it is shiny.

Just my opinion not expecting anyone to agree with me.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array viking's Avatar

Hi

Sorry to see this.
    My last sealed ASUS mb was all the way back to the P5WD2 Premium.
    The only reason i can see this not been sealed better, is the fact that it wouldn't look that good in the box/window?

I don't know...
    MB: Asus Rampage IV Extreme CPU: 3960X Extreme Edition
    RAM: G.Skill RipJaw Z (4x4GB 2133 Mhz) GPU: 2 x Asus Geforce GTX 680 Direct CU II TOP Ed. SLI
    SSD: 2 x Intel 520 Series 240GB PSU: Corsair AX1200 CHA.: Cooler Master Cosmos II
    COOL.: Corsair Hydro H100 KEYB.: Logitech G19 MOU.: Mad Catz Cyborg M.M.O.7 OPT.: Asus BW-12B1LT
    HDD: 2 x WD Caviar Black Edition 2TB MON. 1: Samsung Syncmaster S23A700D
    MON. 2 + 3: Samsung Syncmaster XL2370

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

I agree with Menthol, the most important is to have a product which is working perfectly!

But still, the joy of unpacking and know that you're the first doing that...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    I agree with Menthol, the most important is to have a product which is working perfectly!

But still, the joy of unpacking and know that you're the first doing that...
    Nope. Disagree. If some dodgy dealer is unscrupulous enough to open the product and then sell it to you as new, what's the likelihood he's followed correct ESD handling procedures? ESD damage doesn't always show up immediately.
    Motherboard: RIVE (3602 bios)
    CPU: Intel 3930K @4646MHz
    OS Drive: 2 X Samsung 840 PRO (Raid 0)
    Storage Drive: 2 X 1.5TB WD Caviar Black RAID 0, 2 X 3TB WD Caviar Red, Kingston V100 256GB SSD
    Memory: 64GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z (F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL)
    GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX580 @795MHz - 1536MB GDDR5
    PSU: OCZ ZX1250
    Cooling: Phantek PH-TC14PE

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Yes, and by the way , when i buy the most expensive ASUS board i dont accept such flaws man : banana shape, track scratch, some odd stains, lots of flux (??) residue near fan connector and near some small parts that are covered with it... Come on , RIVE is flagship ROG . I think It should have premium quality too... Anyway , im resolving this with my distributor. Will see what will be the outcome... In the meantime ASUS , check Your QC and seal the box. I do not agree that seal is useless, if its done properly , it leaves marks on boxes like for example windows licence sticker on laptop, its not even about the joy of unpacking, just a way to determine if someone tempred with Your brand new mobo. I think i could pay those 10 bucks more to get the seal wehich cant be resealed in the same way anymore.

PS. Still in my case its not the distributors fault as i got the board sent immediately after they got the shipment form ASUS , so as i said before it had to happen before the distributor got the boards.
    Last edited by izajasz; 03-29-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

You can remove the Windows license sticker without leaving scratches or marks And still that's just a sticker not a sealing method.
    There's no cost-effective sealing method that can not be easily removed and reproduced by someone who really wants to. About two months ago the police here busted an operation that imported expensive counterfeit designer's clothes and women's handbags from China. Τhe products they found were indistinguishable from the originals in packaging or anything else. They even had the designer's guarantee copied along with serial numbers etc etc

No product on the computer hardware market has anything more than plastic wrap. Best case scenario it'll have a company watermark on it but that can be reproduced as well. Sealing just protects against small time things like a store employee opening it to check it out, copy a bundled software disc etc etc.. Still it's nice to have even for those cases.

Getting 2 boards in that shape in row and generally boards that are dirty on the backside as you said, I'm betting there's something wrong with the distributor or their supplier. You said you contacted your distributor about it. What did they say? Were there other boards in the same shipment in that condition? Did they contact ASUS about it? And if they did, what did the regional ASUS have to say about it?
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

There will always be a small percent of people out there with the time and resources to copy the sealing or remove stickers perfectly etc. nothing you can do about that but their number is not that great. We go to some effort to make money hard to print despite the fact that there will always be someone who can do it (like the federal reserve ) We don't say ah well someone will always be able to copy it so let's not bother. The point is to eliminate the majority of wise asses from temptation.

Sealing the bag and covering the seal with one of those breakable stickers (like EK water blocks do) would not deter some skilled people but their number will pale into insignificance compared to what, I'm sure, is the number of people receiving returned boards and sending them out again as new or using a board for display and sending it out as new etc.etc.

Everyone from PSU manufacturers to water-block manufacturers gives you this sealed peace of mind and yes, the pleasure of opening a virgin product; especially on premium products.

I'm the customer ASUS and I am always right.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Arne is right. Better do add 10 bucks worth watermark seal. There will be always someone who will copy that well but it will be harder to temper with the product and then seal it again so it looks like factory fresh. I ve contacted my distributor and we are resolving things with ASUS service right now. I dont know the outcome still but for now its going well. I think its not the distributor as i bought the mobo before they got it and when they got it they sent it over to me immediately. I think it was somewhere before the mobos got to distribution. So far i ve sent the mobos to them bcos ASUS wants to examine them. I hope they are not trying to blame me for that disaster.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array maximiza PC Specs
    maximiza PC Specs
    MotherboardRAMPAGE IV
    Processor4960X
    Graphics Card #11080TI
    Graphics Card #21080TI

I thought the reason for loose packaging was the the reseller could update the bios quicker for the mobos in their inventory.
    Intel Core i7 4960X
    G.Skill F3-12800CL10-8GBXL
    size: 64 GBytes
    RAVEN 03
    RAMPAGE IV EXTREME
    PHILIPS BDM4065
    Custom Cooling Loop
    1080TI (X2)
    WINDOWS 7 PRO & Windows 10 64 Pro
    SEASONIC SS-850KM ACTIVE PFC F3

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

I don't think the resellers are doing BIOS updates... on every mobo is a sticker which contains the BIOS version too - would they change that sticker too?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast