cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My card got downclocked hard over night...

el_terrible
Level 8
Hi

all of a sudden when I turned on the computer today GPU Tweak is not working anymore, the GPU slider now only goes to maximum 405mhz (used to be 816mhz) and my memory clock goes to maximum 648 (used to 4008)... it also set my GPU voltage to 800-something but that I could change back to the normal 1063. and this is even WITH "overclocking range enhancement" ticked.. I've found out that if i exit GPU Tweak and start it again I can slide the sliders to higher, but in reality this does nothing, it's still like playing with a really bad card.. I used to be able to play skyrim on ultra with 50 mods enabled..

I have tried rolling back my Nvidia drivers, I have tried 5 different GPU Tweak versions.. I did NOTHING, all I did last night was playing Heart of the Swarm before going to bed and now I can't play anything with these ****ty settings.. all games laggs..

I have never overclocked my card, the only thing I've ever used GPU Tweak for is tweaking the Fan settings, setting them to higher than normal to keep my card cooler.

My hardware:
Asus Maximus IV Extreme motherboard
Asus GTX 580 Matrix Platinum 1.5gb
Intel i-2600k
16 gb corsair ram
1200w corsair gold psu
2 REPLIES 2

el_terrible
Level 8
Nevermind, it solved itself. I have no idea how but all of a sudden it just works again after having this problem for 3 hours...

viking
Level 9
Vêr.2.3.6.0 is out?

Edit: never mind. Found it 🙂
MB: Asus Rampage IV Extreme CPU: 3960X Extreme Edition
RAM: G.Skill RipJaw Z (4x4GB 2133 Mhz) GPU: 2 x Asus Geforce GTX 680 Direct CU II TOP Ed. SLI
SSD: 2 x Intel 520 Series 240GB PSU: Corsair AX1200 CHA.: Cooler Master Cosmos II
COOL.: Corsair Hydro H100 KEYB.: Logitech G19 MOU.: Mad Catz Cyborg M.M.O.7 OPT.: Asus BW-12B1LT
HDD: 2 x WD Caviar Black Edition 2TB MON. 1: Samsung Syncmaster S23A700D
MON. 2 + 3: Samsung Syncmaster XL2370