New ROGer Array

G75VX Keyboard Input Limitations

Hello, I purchased a G75VX-BHI7N11 from Best Buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+1...75vx&cp=1&lp=1) yesterday, and I've noticed the new G75VX has the following keyboard limitation.

For those of you who have a G75VX, you can give this a try and see if you can reproduce this problem.

1) Open up a Word document or a Notepad document.
    2) While holding down the space bar, spam 1 and 3 on the keyboard simultaneously, not 1 and 3 in rapid succession, but spam 1 and 3 at the same time.

The problem is that the keyboard does not register the inputs.

This problem only happens when you hold down the space bar and spam 3 and 1 or 2, or 4, or 7, or 8, or 9.

After I returned my unit to Best Buy today, I WAS ABLE TO REPRODUCE THIS PROBLEM ON BEST BUY'S DISPLAY MODEL, which led me to believe this problem wasn't due to a faulty hardware of the unit that I purchased, but rather a broader problem that manifests all of the G75VX's.

There was a G46VW setting next to the G75VX at Best Buy, I decided to give it a try and I found G46VW was able to capture, given this particular key combination, three key inputs. What that means is I was able to hold down space bar and then spam 1 and 3 at the same time, the key inputs will register, but when I continued to hold on the space bar and spam 1, 2, and 3, the key inputs were not being registered.

Let me know if your G75VX has the same problem. A friend of mine has the G75VW and seems like he was unable to reproduce this problem on this VW.

Thanks.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

You didn't search the forum, did you?

Already been answered and explained, this is not something new or even specific to ASUS G series.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post245159

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

I see the problem... You need to try it holding down both SHIFT keys.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBarrier View Post
    You didn't search the forum, did you?

Already been answered and explained, this is not something new or even specific to ASUS G series.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post245159
    Manzier is the said friend who owns a G75VW, he was the one whom I was trying to troubleshoot this issue with, but to no avail. He posted that thread after I had informed him of this issue, so this is not two separate incidents. I guess I could have posted under that thread to elaborate it further instead of creating a new thread.

But the point is I just found this to be a strange design limitation given this is a gaming laptop. The G75VW that Manzier owns doesn't have this limitation (allegedly, I wasn't able to test this out on a G75VW myself, and I am not sure if the other G series laptop also have this problem). In addition, I also tested out a Lenovo laptop, a MacBook Air, and a Samsung laptop while I was in Best Buy and I cannot reproduce this problem in any of these models. I mean even the GE keyboard that I bought for $11 from Target that I am using right now to type this message does not have this limitation.

I've returned this laptop so it is not something that I affects me right now, but I really liked the design, the spec, and the functionality of the G75VX and I really hope Asus can come up with a refresh that remedies this problem by building the anti-ghosting and the N-key rollover functionality into future models.

New ROGer Array

Also, I want to add that my complaint is not surrounding the fact that the G75VX keyboard doesn't support N-key rollover or anti-ghosting, what I am complaining about is this specific combination of keys not working. My complaint is lodged on the basis that all of the laptops and keyboards I have tested thus far can support the specific key combination mentioned above, with the exception of the G75VX.

I just tested the same key combination on my own Lenovo Thinkpad T410, Macbook Air, Acer Aspire 4820 TG, Logitech Wave keyboard, and Microsoft 800 wireless keyboard, while these laptops and keyboards could not passed the double-shift test, signifying the non-support for n-key rollover functionality, at least the space + 1 and 2 and 3 key combination worked.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Key rollover is key rollover, but you specifically want to complain about the G series key roller because it's different to you; I get that. But the fact still stand that key rollover is not uncommon in many other keyboards/notebooks.

So you're left with limited options; which are to get a wired/wireless keyboard that doesn't suffer that specific rollover or no rollover at all, return your notebook for a refund (if still within your return or exchange date enforced by your retailer) and get another notebook that doesn't suffer from that specific rollover or no rollover at all, or stop trying to press the spacebar and the buttons 1, 2 & 3 at the same time (which I'm still trying to wrap my head around as I can't even fathom any situation where I would have to have all 4 of those keys pressed at the time same...).

New ROGer Array

it is limitation for asus KB, you show add external KB.