cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my rig with water cooled matrix 7970's

sorter6434
Level 7
This was my first custemloop.coolermaster haf 932 case maximus v extreame I7 3770k @ 4.6 ghz ,16 gigs g skill trident ram @ 2800mhz and two matrix 7970p @ 1120 mhz.also a phoebus sund car and a thunderbolt nic.I should of got a better case for water cooling but I love my 932.The hardest part was putting on the ek terminal to the matrix water blocks.I HATE RUBBER O RINGS!!!! also I didn't fluch my rad before I installed them and got some weird flecks stuck in my pumps but its running good now nice and cool.
6 REPLIES 6

Zka17
Level 16
Nice setup! :cool:

What is your experience with that water block connector between the two cards? Mine is killing me...

CraZeeY
Level 7
Matrix plat must be the sexiest cards ever. Nice setup!

sorter6434
Level 7
Thanks guys.Well getting the rubber o ring gaskets in was pure hell.what I did was I used the part I took off of the block that you normally use to connect the tubing to,I put the o ring in the terminal and kind of held down one side and walked it over until the o ring was in place.then when I got all for in the terminal I put a heavy book on top of it and let it set over night.When I woke up the o rings where relaxed enough for me to screw them on the cards.I had the cards already in the mother board before I put the terminal on.The o rings took awhile to get in to place every time I would get two or three of them in one would pop out and fly across the room.so do like I did and use something flat to help hold them in place and then what a few hours then get two of the bolts ready and mount it on the cards.also the cap on the top right was loose and I had a huge leak.So I had to clean that up and wait 48 hours to try again.make sure to tighten the top right plug!

Zka17
Level 16
Yeah, that is actually I was curious about... sorry that you too have troubles with those o-rings - but in the mean time I do feel a little bit relived... I was thinking that the problem is from my part... And yes, those o-rings not just simply fall out of their place, but they're really jumping!

I have several types/generations of EK blocks and SLI-connectors, but this Terminal series is terrible to install!

This week I already flooded my system twice because of that stupid connector... kinda getting boring to take all thing apart dry it then put it back together...

sorter6434
Level 7
These water blocks are really good. I was able to push my gpu core to 1250 MHz and my mem to 6900mhz all while staying around 42c in furmark for an hour.I also lowerd my ram to 2600mhz and raised my I7 3770k to 4.7 ghz .tems on cpu hit 80c in prime 95.The water loop didn't do much for the cpu but cut my gpu temps in half.before I got these waterblocks I used to get black lines and square artifacts at stock speeds.now the cards are running much better.The full cover waterblocks for the matrix 7970p by ek are worth it.If you have a matrix 7970 I would recommend getting one.It really make the card what it should be.infact I think rog cards should just come with waterblocks instead of the 3 slot dcII type cooler.

maza90210
Level 7
NICE! Is that the AMD edition haf 932? have you still got this rig? or have you upgraded?