cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Vision IR Port not working

BRotondi
Level 7
Hi

My new G75VX seems to have a non working IR Port.

• Glasses are not working with G75VX but with other computers
  • If you look at it through a camera or similar, no light can be detected (cameras show you IR light)

I tried different Nvidia Drivers, and keep Win8 64bit + Asus drivers up to date.

Whenever I follow the Nvidia 3D-Wizard, I'm stuck at the end, where you should be able to see the blue triangle with one eye and the green hexagon with the other.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Bruno
6 REPLIES 6

Shawnnepc
Level 13
Hi Bruno,

Welcome to the ROG community!

Did your laptop include the 3D vision glasses?

What's the full model number of your unit?

BRotondi wrote:
Hi

My new G75VX seems to have a non working IR Port.

• Glasses are not working with G75VX but with other computers
  • If you look at it through a camera or similar, no light can be detected (cameras show you IR light)

I tried different Nvidia Drivers, and keep Win8 64bit + Asus drivers up to date.

Whenever I follow the Nvidia 3D-Wizard, I'm stuck at the end, where you should be able to see the blue triangle with one eye and the green hexagon with the other.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Bruno
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Hi Shawnnepc

Thanks!

Yes, the glasses are included.

My unit: G75VX-CV125H

sectionate
Level 12
What do you mean by stuck at the end? What happens if you just select them, what does it say when you finish the test? My 3D vision 2 glasses can't be installed on my pc the way nvidia says to do it. When your drivers say test complete load any movie in this http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-video-player-1.7.2-driver.html - and see if your glasses are working
Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

BRotondi
Level 7
Hi sectionate

I did how you said and finished the wizard by selecting what I should see, if the glasses would work. But even then I cannot see the starting 3D slide show in 3D or any movie in 3D.

I then installed the player you said and started a movie, but same effect: Everything which should be 3D is shown in two lyers over each other - as if I wouldn't wear any glasses.

Pitcher1
Level 9
are you enable 3D version function on your laptop?

BRotondi
Level 7
What do you mean? The ROG-Button? The Wizard? Tried both...