cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texture Pop In

Guille
Level 7
Well, I started this thread because I'm getting texture pop in in ALL of my games.
This happened suddently, i began with this problem 3 weeks ago and never had a single gaming problem before that.
I searched all over the internet and didn't find any solution to this problem.
I tried refreshing my PC, removing everything and Reinstalling Windows and defragging my drive but nothing worked.
Please help because this is relly annoying. Texture pop in is present in EVERY game I have for example: Total War Games and GTA

My specs:
Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130108-1504)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: G75VW
BIOS: G75VW.218
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8144MB RAM
Hard Drive: 910 GB
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 660M 2GB
8 REPLIES 8

Inquisitor
Level 9
Let me start with the basic questions then. Have you installed the latest drivers from nvidia? Have you altered the clock speed of your GPU?

Guille
Level 7
Yes I have updated it and nothing changed also tried with downgrading the driver but didn't help. Im basically a newbie with my GPU settings so how can I see if that (clock speed) is changed?
PD: I haven't touched that setting.

Sorry wasn't clear I updated the Nvidia driver but the problem still existed and after that I tried downgrading. And I didn't touch any of the clock
speed. How can I see if the clock speed is altered?

Guille
Level 7
Now I'm reupdating the drivers with a clean install option hoping it will solve my problem:p I will tell what happens next.

Guille
Level 7
Reupdating with clean install option didn't work at ALL, it made things worse, now apart from having texture pop in I have no audio.:mad:

Guille
Level 7
Help please I see nobody is replying

kkn
Level 14
notebook section

Inquisitor
Level 9
It kind of sounds like a gpu issue if you're seeing artifacting at default clocks. I'd personally just RMA the notebook altogether. I'd also wait for a more experienced user's input on this issue.