Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reservoir Colour Ideas?

Florre
Level 7
hi everyone,
i`m basically planning a new build for the end of year,
i`ve decided to go with Alphacool Ultra Pure Water for my liquid and PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Bloody Red tubing
obviously by going through this path the only part of the WC loop that's going to show that its clear liquid i`m using is the res.

i`ve been thinking about using either leds for in my res or get a FrozenQ Liquid Fusion Red Reservoir,
Or a bitspower ice red but neither are showing enough of bloody red color
anyone has any experience using is or maybe have different method for me to achieve a bloody red res?
any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.
CPU Intel i7 5960X@ 4.5Ghz
RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 2400mhz
GPU 2 X EVGA GTX 980 in SLI
SSD 2 X Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
HDD 2 X WD RE 4TB
MOBO Asus Rampage V Extreme
PSU Corsair AX 1500i
CASE Corsair 900D
DISPLAY 2 X ROG Swift
3 REPLIES 3

thenamesdaryl
Level 7
Why not use clear pipe and use a mayhems dye to colour the coolant blood red? Then you get your perfect colour throughout

Zka17
Level 16
Just be careful with the Mayhems... - they're more for show off not for real cooling...

Also, you can buy just simply distilled water from your grocery shop - don't need to pay the extra cash for the Alphacool coolant (which is exactly the same distilled water)...

Regarding the reservoir/original question, I would use some LEDs with a transparent reservoir...

Ha_o_003
Level 7
Well you can also get a red reservoir. http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_318_657&products_id...

I would really not use dye though, it's often known to gunk up loops.
Desktop: i7 3820 - ASUS X79 Sabertooth TUF - 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX 2400C9 - EVGA GTX 980 TI SC - LCD-X - Schiit Jotunheim
Microsoft Surface Pro 4: i7 6650U - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - Sennheiser HD 598 - DualShock 4 Controller - Jaybird X3 Wireless