cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! My 680 make me sad and mad!!!

Merendz
Level 7
HI guys i've got an issue with my gtx 680 top. About a week ago all was cool, fps still very good i'm really impressed from this card! But now point blank the performance drop about 30%. I was playing bf3 and run all on ultra in most maps but now is impossible. I've noticed in gpu tweek that power target is set at 100% but it reach only 60%, the memory does not go over 1gb and on every 3d app does a light buzzing noise. have you some data about the memory usage and the power target before my RMA?
8 REPLIES 8

Zka17
Level 16
Could you list all the components of your system? Including the PSU...
What are the temps on that card?

Merendz
Level 7
Sure, the card temp is fine for me... it run in idle at 30° celsius and full load between 50° and 60°
■ CPU : AMD Athlon FX 8350 ( no OC )
■ COOLER : Antec H2O
■ MOBO : Asus M92R2.0
■ RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 1866Mhz
■ HDD : 128 Gb SSD + 1TB (Storage)
■ GPU : Asus GTX680Top
■ PSU : Coolermaster 750W
■ MONITOR : Samsung S27B350H
■ OS: Windows 7 64bit

Zka17
Level 16
OK, both the temps and the PSU seems fine for now...

Have you let the Nvidia control panel on auto-update? Can you check your driver version and compare with that you originally installed?
If there is a difference, then I would remove all Nvidia stuff (use Driver Sweaper in Safe Mode) and do a clean install with the last known to work driver... - and turn off the auto-update function!

Merendz
Level 7
I've made a fresh OS installation on this pc... and then i put the card on a different pc Amd fx6100, asrock fx 990, same PSU with 4gb of ram 1333 fresh os,but the problem still there 😞

Zka17
Level 16
Have you tried other VGA tweaking applications too?

I would check MSI's Afterburner or EVGA's PrecisionX for Nvidia cards... - I had better luck with those than with the Asus GPU Tweak...

Merendz
Level 7
I've checked right now... same story.... but today i've installed the card on my friend pc's....we bought the same hardware... it works better than mine but i have the feeling of missing something regarding performance... and the buzzing noise from a high-end card is not normal.... btw i'm tired of this.... tomorrow new pc... 3770k sabertooth 16 gb 1866 and asus gtx 680 dc2 oc.... after the RTM of my old card i put in sli and no bottleneck like AMD

Menthol
Level 14
Please return and let us know how things turn out,we will be more than happy to help resolve any issues.

Merendz
Level 7
Sure! after RMA if asus let me know what's happened to the card i'll be glad to share with you the issue ... thank you for the help and for your time !