cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus V extreme...what the hell is going on ?

masterac
Level 8
hello hello, yes the titles is correct, what the hell is going on.....why ?

simple because it all started from my phoebus that suddently can't be detected, didnt move it or anything, it just seem to have vanish from the pc like it never existed with no reason, even when i change it to another pci, still dont get anything.

second is, as i tried to fixe everything i reinstall my OS once more, driver ect.... finaly fix my Bluetooth issue, but now i have even bigger problem.

-i get only 8giga or ram detected in bios, or in Windows, while cpu-z confirm i have 16 (so i guess they didnt burn or anything since it can't still be seen)

-impossible to be able to install virtu mvp, i get the error message "integrated graphics device was not found. virtu MVP setup will now exit", like the HD 4000 vanish too for no reason.

-still impossible for pc to detecte phoebus xonar.......

so...question is really WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ???????????

i thx you in advance for any light that will help me.

you will find below all my hardware...o and may i add that everything did work before i reinstalled
12 REPLIES 12

masterac
Level 8
the bios is 1604

billyray520
Level 10
As far as your Virtu MVP and HD4000 goes; You said you reinstalled OS and drivers etc. You have to install the Intel Graphics drivers from the Asus DVD then the drivers for your VGA card. Then you should have both graphic displays recognized in Virtu MVP (or even GPU-Z will show them both) Note: you can't use HD4000 and other VGA drivers that are newer than Virtu MVP date, or it won't work correctly. In fact, unless you have a really junk graphics card, Virtu MVP isn't even worth it. Just install the VGA drivers and forget Virtu. Use the latest HD4000 drivers only if you plan on NOT using your VGA card and have uninstalled the VGA card's drivers completely.
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

as for the driver i use the one available on the asus website, since the one on the CD are outdated

masterac
Level 8
and as for the rest ? sound card and ram ?

sound just stop working after booting when i came back from a 2 day trip, and can't be detect, even in bios, i bought less than a year ago so i can return it is its from the phoebus.

anyone had this issue before ?

billyray520
Level 10
Did you do a BIOS update to 1604? Did you clear the CMOS?
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

masterac
Level 8
i did a bios update to 1604 to try to have the Bluetooth working, but didnt work only now by reinstalling Windows i got it to work, but even before that everything was working well, and even after that.

no i didnt clear the cmos

so its strange that only by turning the power off, i got all of those issue, i will reinstall Windows again to see if it fix that, but before that i will flash to the new Bluetooth.

if all else fail i can go back to the store where i bought the sound card, because the pci seem to work ok, they can see a black magic video card with no problem.

so the issue seem to be with the phoebus...too bad, every thing was smoth again since the new firmware, did it kill the sound card ...sound like it if i may play with words.

anyway the main issue is the HD 4000, i want my virtue back, and when i try to install driver from intel, i get the message "integrated graphics device was not found. virtu MVP setup will now exit"....how come ? now thats a good question for now

apocalypzez
Level 10
Try updating your bios to 1707. The 1604 is filled with bugs....!!
ASUS Maximus IX APEX || Core i7 7700K || Corsair H150i Pro || EVGA RTX 2080 Ti B.E. || G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C15D-16GTZR 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 @ 15-16-16-35-2N || ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB x 2 (RAID0) || WD RED 3TB x 2 || Corsair AX1200i || NZXT H700i (without the smart hub) || Dell U3011 || Windows 10 Pro x64 || Logitech Z2300 THX Certified 2.1 & Corsair Vengeance 2000 ||

apocalypzez wrote:
Try updating your bios to 1707. The 1604 is filled with bugs....!!

daaaa, just explain i plan on doing that