cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX: Updating HD 4000 driver?

Yakov
Level 7
I'm using the Intel 3630qm which utilizes HD 4000 integrated graphics. A new driver was released, 15.31, that increases performance by 10%. Although this will not impact my dedicated graphics card, how can I update my driver?

Sources: http://www.geek.com/chips/intel-hd-4000-graphics-driver-to-offer-10-percent-performance-boost-155066...
Beware the bearers of false gifts & their broken promises. Much pain but still time. There is good out there. We oppose deception. 0x07
7 REPLIES 7

gokica
Level 10
You can't because HD 4000 is not active in your laptop. Can not be switched on. So no need to update anything.

Clintlgm
Level 14
I don't believe the onboard Graphics on your CPU is turned on, and there is no way to turn it on. I know this is true for the VW's pretty sure its the same for the VX also. So you can not install or update software for hardware that you do not have access to.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

The HD 4000 graphics aren't used on battery? Would the slower performance on battery be attributed to under powering the dedicated graphics instead?
Beware the bearers of false gifts & their broken promises. Much pain but still time. There is good out there. We oppose deception. 0x07

slayer2333
Level 7
Quick question guys, as you can see in the screenshot 19141 we can set the intel graphics performance (balanced, power save, high performance). In addition, within the unlocked Bios for G75vw, there is an additional option (graphics Option) where we can set the shared memory amount (from 32Mb to 512Mb). So can anyone explain this ?

P.S: i have a G75VW with 660m GTX

slayer2333 wrote:
Quick question guys, as you can see in the screenshot 19141 we can set the intel graphics performance (balanced, power save, high performance). In addition, within the unlocked Bios for G75vw, there is an additional option (graphics Option) where we can set the shared memory amount (from 32Mb to 512Mb). So can anyone explain this ?

P.S: i have a G75VW with 660m GTX

There's the option in the bios yes, but it does nothing because the bios does not initialize the HD 4000. That option in the power menu can be enabled by modifying some registry keys but it doesn't mean it'll do anything. For Optimus(the switching between Intel and Nvidia GPU's) to work the monitor has to be run off of the Intel HD 4000, which it isn't on any of the current G75 notebooks. So even if you COULD enable the HD 4000, you would not be able to use Optimus.

Dr4g0n36
Level 10
Intel HD 4000 wasn't enabled on G75 motherborard (there's even no control chip) due to a "strategy" of ASUS, they prefer using the switching capability of Nvidia 6xx series that enable powerful saving performance (ahahahahaha) when request from Windows power saving or motherboard-battery mode, so better leave as it is ^^

pathfindercod
Level 8
The laptop will run slower on battery because the battey can provide the power by itself for maximum performance of the gpu.. It relies on a/c and battery together.