cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions about Maximus V Formula

BenchAndGames
Level 10
Today I received the Maximus V Formula and I have some questions.

- The hard drive LED is always going to be flashing ?

- The SupremeFX LED, and ROG logo LED, will be enabled after turning off the PC ?
How can I do that when the PC is turned ON, these LEDs are ON, but when I turn OFF the PC, to LEDs OFF ?
PS: Because I just discovered, that can be turned OFF in the BIOS, but it has to be always OFF, even when the PC is ON.

Edit1:
Q Code 80 what is it, I have this code always after the PC has booted

Thanks !!
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15
When there is hard drive activity, that LED will be flashing. It's a normal behaviour. With the SupremeFX lighting, that's how it was programmed. Unfortunately you cannot change it to do it the the way you mentioned. When your motherboard posts, it goes through a bunch of QCODEs. It's a normal thing. Don't worry about it and enjoy your system. 😉

BenchAndGames
Level 10
Ok, thanks for answering.

I have understood that the code 80 has to do with the AI Suite II software, and is like a software issues, but they also say it's nothing dangerous, because it says that there is an error code.
If I uninstall AI Suite II, this code disappears ?

Purelife
Level 7
"The hard drive LED is always going to be flashing ?"

-try unplugging the sata cd\dvd if you have one and see if it stops flashing , it does on my system.
I went to a usb external one to free up a intel sata port , didn't like the non intel sata ports.
MVF WC ||3770k-KL370||HAF932||AX1200||580 sli -EK||
3XMCR320\w655 EK[basement]||w655 EK[HAF932] ||
8gb Trident 2400||Samsung S27A850D||Win7HP-64||SAMSUNG 840PRO 256|||| G15,G13||G9x
PC sound>forte analog>Yamaha 765>4xPSB alpha B1>alpha C1>10" sub

BenchAndGames
Level 10
Well, actually flashes at the same rate, with the LED also indicates my case hard drive. I think this blinking when it is active.

You say that if I connect the DVD to a SATA port ASMedia, stop blinking ?

SOLVED the 80 q-code, I uninstalled the AI Suite II, and now I have the A0, to everybody.

Purelife
Level 7
just unplug it for testing , if it stops it will save you trying to track down a phantom flashing hd light.
-I only keep it for a recovery cd and don't think I can boot from the asmeda ports so I did not try it.
MVF WC ||3770k-KL370||HAF932||AX1200||580 sli -EK||
3XMCR320\w655 EK[basement]||w655 EK[HAF932] ||
8gb Trident 2400||Samsung S27A850D||Win7HP-64||SAMSUNG 840PRO 256|||| G15,G13||G9x
PC sound>forte analog>Yamaha 765>4xPSB alpha B1>alpha C1>10" sub