intel i7 3770K
Patriot 4X8GB DDR3 2133Mhz, pc3-17000
noctua NH-D14
Cosair 850 Watt
Samsung 250GB SSD
Raid 10 with 4 WD 3TB drives
Win7 professional
NZXT 630 case
only mildly and intermittently overclocked with auto tune settings never above 4.6GHZ/2400MHZ DRAM tune.

worked fine until a few days ago with Error code 55(memory not found) and mobo DRAM LED lights up have replaced all ram and still get same error and unable to post.

Could I have burned out my cpu doing this?

Tech support requests that I replace CPU(I understand mem controller is on CPU) and luckily I signed up for the intel tuning plan but I am loathe to waist my one-time cpu replacement on this. ASUS support says this will not use up my one time replacement. Called intel and they asked if I could find another mobo to see if my cpu worked before sending it in. I don't know anyone who has a mobo. Does anyone have any ideas, find a used mobo????

thanks for any input.
8 REPLIES 8

Zka17
Level 16
Welcome to the ROG Forum!

Well, pushing a RAM rated for 2133MHz to 2400MHz is a pretty big over clock! Specially if you did it on auto settings, it may used very very high voltages... - never over clock or tune from OS or use the presets from BIOS!

Now, you're getting that code 55 after you cleared the CMOS?

Masterchanger
Level 7
I cleared CMOS and tested each memory channel seperately still error 55 no memory found. I removed my heat sink and found a uniform thin application of thermal paste.

Zka17
Level 16
Ooops, that's not good... Have you reseated the CPU? Have you checked the CPU pins in it's socket?

Masterchanger
Level 7
i removed the heatsink in preparation for removal. i hadn't thought of reseating it on the mobo. thanks for the advice. i thought of buying a cheap mobo to test and use as a backup

Masterchanger
Level 7
with the cpu socket clamped down in socket can it really move or shift pins?

i carefully inspected the socket of this mobo because i orginally ordered another ASUS mobo (that appeared to be open box) and it was received with bent pins and broken cpu socket plastic and the cpu socket cover wasnt attached to the cpu clamp but rattling around loose with the mobo in the antistatic bag.

Masterchanger
Level 7
with the cpu socket clamped down in socket can it really move or shift pins?

i carefully inspected the socket of this mobo because i orginally ordered another ASUS mobo (that appeared to be open box) and it was received with bent pins and broken cpu socket plastic and the cpu socket cover wasnt attached to the cpu clamp but rattling around loose with the mobo in the antistatic bag.

Zka17
Level 16
Well, if the cooler is fixed unevenly, then that could happen...

Masterchanger
Level 7
Changed CPU error persists have RMA board. Wondering how often mobo is repaired versus getting a refurbished board? Anybody care to offer feedback on odds of a repair vs refuted mobo