cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS 2-SLOT GTX680 4GD5 Owners Club

TenBlade
Level 11
Inspired by MeanBruce´s MV Owners Club I´d like to start this thread exclusively for the ASUS two-slot GTX680-DC2-4GD5. The main purpose being collecting knowledge and experiences with this card, one that I just got myself yesterday.

This is not in any way a thread intended to leave others out. It´s just a way to streamline information on this GPU, so we don´t end up comparing apples and oranges, and to inspire those undecided on pending GPU.
I will not be tending a list of names of members here, I´m too laz...hrm BUSY for that.

Issues that I´d like to come around in this thread are things like...

Which GPU tweaker programs are we using, does one lend better performance than the other?

What temp.s do we obtain? (Remember to list which program you´re using)

If you benchmark, go ahead and post your benchmarks, and earn the bragging rights 😉

Different multi monitor set-ups.

Good and bad reviews.

Pictures, for ROGs sake, post pictures :cool:, show your unboxing, installation, mods, etc.

And what ever´s on your ROG stricken mind about this GPU.

Welcome to the "680 Two-Slot Club"

(more pic.s in my build log Hoth System http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?31163-Build-Hoth-System&p=247791#post247791 )
50 REPLIES 50

TenBlade
Level 11
A not uncommon phenomenon, the GPU "tail droop", the weight of the cooling system flexes the pcb. Everso slightly on this board, but still noticeable. On an older rig I had the GPU tail suspended on the power cables, not great looking, and wouldn´t suit my new build. A clear nylon fishing line could also do it, I´m told.

TenBlade
Level 11
A not uncommon phenomenon, the GPU "tail droop", the weight of the cooling system flexes the pcb. Everso slightly on this board, but still noticeable. On an older rig I had the GPU tail suspended on the power cables, not great looking, and wouldn´t suit my new build. A clear nylon fishing line could also do it, I´m told.

Zka17
Level 16
You could also try stronger backplate... while I was mounting the waterblocks on my GTX680s, I observed that the backplate which came from EK is much stronger than the original Asus one...

kkn
Level 14
its becouse of the weight.
newer cards are heavyer and longer then old ones, and not that "stiff".

Red_Jhon
Level 10
Hi, it's possible install three DC2 GTX680 on Rampage IV Extreme? Can you link me bios UEFI for Windows 8? Thanks

Zka17
Level 16
You can even install four of them... - with water blocks! With the original DC2 cooler I wouldn't force it...

Red_Jhon
Level 10
In theory, occupying two slots as the reference, it should be possible to fit 3 without problems, right?

Could you pass me the link to download the UEFI bios? thanks

Red Jhon wrote:
Could you pass me the link to download the UEFI bios? thanks

then i would recomend looking down in this forum tread or on the asus page on your graphic card and see if they have put it up there.

MeanBruceROG
Level 11
Hey TenBlade, Nice Club bro, where's the couch?:)

My GTX680 is now in discussion.:( I may still get one this month, going to get a new 27in display first, then the card.

I'll put up some cool pics here in your new club when my card gets here, although your pics are so good, don't know if mine will be of any value, maybe just one, a view thru the CaseLabs M8 mega side-panel window. That might be cool.:p
Maximus Obsidious “Max”
Chassis : CaseLabs M8
PSU : Corsair Platinum AX860 (Seasonic) w/Corsair Gen2 AX Cables
CPU : Intel 3770k 4.2GHz Vcore 1.282 Delta T=2.5C at idle
RAM : Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz 2X4GB kit
Mobo : Asus Maximus V Extreme (you and me baby)
GPU : Asus 6870 DirectCU (Asus GTX780 5GB Coming Soon) 😛
Cooling : H100i Sanyo-Denki San Ace 120(x6)
Internal SSDs : Intel 520 120GB(x2) RAID0