cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX help!

johnnydwicked
Level 7
Bought and own G75VX which I bought from Best Buy that came with 8gb ram and 1tb 5400 rpm hard drive and windows 8.

I then bought and installed 2 8gb dd3 Vengence ram sticks and a 250gb Samsung 840 ssd.

The ram installed and showed up fine as 24gb total. I installed the SSD in the 2nd empty hdd bay and it doesn't show up in windows at all.

I also try accessing bios to see if the ssd actually shows up but the problem is I can't access bios even pressing the f keys like f2, f8, f12, f10, and including esc key. I tapped repeatly and even held it down but nothing. I did it before, during, and after the rog logo appears but still nothing; I just keep booting directly into windows.

Please help!
Asus G75VX - Windows 8 Pro OEM 64-bit + Classic Shell, i7 3630QM 2.4ghz - 3.4ghz TB, Nvidia GTX 670mx 3gb, Windows 8 pro oem 64-bit + Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Laptop Memory + the default 8gb ram ddr3 Samsung 1600mhz + Samsung MZ-7TD250BW 840 Series Solid State Drive (SSD) 250 GB Sata 2.5-Inch (boot) + 1tb 5400 rpm (storage)
3 REPLIES 3

vaughnmr
Level 7
I installed an ssd in the extra bay for cloning, but before I installed it I turned off Secure Boot and Fastboot in bios. I have no problem going into bios with the f2 key. I too could not initially see the ssd, but in bios I looked at the boot options, and it did show up there. Didn't change anything, just save & exit and then the ssd showed up in disk management.

httuner
Level 9
You need to partition the SSD for you to be able to use it, just like with any HDD or SSD's or storage devices, it must be formated and partition to be able to use. You can do this inside Windows* Go to Control Panel and on the top right corner there is a search box, Type in Create and Format, it should then bring you up to Administrative tools, click on Create and Format hard disk partitions then go from there_ You'll find more information on this via Google.

To access BIOS, you need to point your Mouse pointer to the top right of the screen and go to the Settings icon and select Change PC Settings, Under General select Advance startup and click the restart button, GO through and select advance restart via UEFI Bios or something like that_ Now your computer will restart and let you get into BIOS.

Now if you wanted to use the SSD as your primary harddisk, thats an entirely different tutorial lol, sorry for my short tutorial but hope it helps you a little.

Sagi
Level 7
This might be useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMlsfk10PUA
The King of the north!