cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Extreme no no boot, fans running

Slemdorull
Level 7
Have been looking into this mobo for so many house, done everything from a to z by trying stuff. So I gave up and went to bed. The day after, I got home from work looking at the mobo (I had packed it in the box for rma). So I let it another try just for fun, took it out, connected psu, yay! Cpu led and error code 00 was gone, and started to show numbers.

So... I cleared CMOS, and now it's back to old days...... CPU LED ERROR 00, DAMN! sat there for another 7 hours that days...

Anyone know a master solution. Not "RMA IT", cause that's not an answer, only a cheap option instead of fixing the actual fix.

and yes. It's connected properly bla bla, ram sitck furthest out, cmos etc etc etc.. mobo was powerless for 24 hours, so I bet that is enough time for it to wake up

and here i sit...:mad:

edit: i7 3770k processor
48 REPLIES 48

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, Slemdorull.

1. Disconnect all the cables that are currently connected to your motherboard.
2. Remove all the components from it also.
3. Put it on the box that it came in.

Now inspect the CPU socket for me. Are there any bent or missing pins?

Also please list your complete system specs as detailed as possible for me. Thanks.

Slemdorull
Level 7
Edit; Thanks 🙂 ( 😛

OCZ SSD Agility 3 Series 2.5" 120GB 20nm
SATA 6 Gb/s (SATA3.0), 525MB/500MB/s read/write, S

Intel® Core i7-3770K Processor
Socket-LGA1155, Quad Core, 3.5GHz, 8MB, 77W, HD400

ASUS Maximus V Extreme, Socket-1155
E-ATX, Z77, DDR3, 5xG3-PCIe-x16,SLI/CFX,HDMI,DP,Wi

Corsair Dominator DDR3 1866MHz 16GB
Kit w/2x8GB XMS3 DHX, CL9-10-9-27, Platinum

593166 MSI GeForce GTX 480 1536MB PhysX CUDA
PCI-Express 2.0, GDDR5, 2xDVI, native-HDMI, HDCP

Chieftec Super Series 650W PSU
ATX 12V V2.3, 80 Plus, Modular, 1x 6pin+1x 6+2pin

Yupyup, all the pins looks super fine, checked in clear sun couple times. Seems to be fine.

Chino
Level 15
4. With everything disconnected and removed and your motherboard still on the box, remove the CMOS battery for 5 minutes.
5. Insert the battery back into place.
6. Install your CPU with its stock heatsink.
7. Insert one stick of RAM into the DIMM_A2 slot.
8. Connect the 24 pin and 8 pin power connectors.
9. Power up your system with the Start button.

Do the fans spin? What QCODE is on the DEBUG LED? And look beside the 24 pin power connector and locate the 4 QLEDs. Do any of them stay lit?

Out of curiosity, is this a new build? If not, list which components are used ones and if they were in working state. 😉

It's an upgrade, but all the parts that I installed is new exept from CPU and GPU, which I provided in my second post.

Give me one moment, gonna try! *Only got one PSU*

But it usually gives me the same message, CPU_LED and QCODE 00, while fans are lit, I can even use OC key <.<, but GPU wont power lcd. Even the GPU is running fine and are powered. But since I can actually see with OC key, means that the mobo doesnt have that much downs as I first thought, but still. It wont boot, but ill come back at ya! when I did what u wrote there (I've maybe) It has been powerless for 2 days now, so maybe we should cross fingers 🙂

Edit: all the parts that i used in the computers runs fine now.
* Additional info: mobo came with 1504 bios and ive tried flashing the newest bios which is currently on. The CPU should be supported by all of the bioses.

Added a picture there, its the led, most left.

Testen again! Still the same failure.:(

Testen again! Still the same failure.:(

Slemdorull
Level 7
None of my friends got that socket 😕 I Will ask some co workers today 🙂

Nobody had one! 😕
I think I'll RMA this one. Tired of looking at my broken motherboard.