Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

The mobo is brand new, original package. I know for sure. Its a Cooler Master HAF X Big Tower Sort. I actually mounted 9 standoffs, brand new. To make sure mobo and case didnt touch. I tried ur ting, and still.. 24 pin and 8 pin is connected, CPU, one ram on the bor .

and no go?
    if you got a 2'nd board and thats DOA im stunned....
    is the cooler pushing even preshure on the CPU? ( prosessor )
    i had a situation on my other mobo ( amd system ) that my cooler was pushing uneven/too mutch preshure and it would NOT boot.
    even did a RMA of it, no errors from komplett.
    instaled stock cooler and poff it worked ( had it under water before that )

ROG Enthusiast Array

Tried to install stock cooler on it aswell.. Nothing changed it.
    Still that damn error :/ I installed the backplate before attatching power , but the hole doesnt kinda fit the backplate.. But no metal are rubbing each other, so wouldnt see that as a problem

ROG Enthusiast Array

This is picture of backplate. So hard to attatch and write from phone
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 20130429_192703.jpg  

mail/call em and say DOA ( dead on arival ).
    only sugestion i can come up whit, unless some one else have a bether sugestion.

Banned Array

if cpu, PSU and ram is confirmed good and the replacement board was tested on cardboard without any aftermarket CPU backplates (only intel stock cooler) then the board is dead ... do you get any Q-code on LED or nothing? have you checked for bent pins in socket?

have you by any chance tried ROG Flashback with 1707 BIOS? that doesn't require CPU or ram to work, just the power and the board only needs to be at standby, not really running. just a wild guess, but if your RAM is newish maybe it's not supported on some old BIOS revision shipped with replacement board?
    Last edited by feniks; 04-29-2013 at 06:06 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hmm. Tried to flashback to newest bios. Anyone willing to Skype me? Better to talk than sitting on phone being sad. Qcode is 00
    Last edited by Slemdorull; 04-29-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by feniks View Post
    , but if your RAM is newish maybe it's not supported on some old BIOS revision shipped with replacement board?
    his ram is new, corsair platinum ones.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by kkn View Post
    his ram is new, corsair platinum ones.
    yeah, that sounds new. wondering if that play a role here ... but even without full XMP support it should still post with a single stick, even at default settings ... really not sure ... sounds to me like a DOA board if it was checked out of case and with minimal config with known good components ... unless there is something funny going on too ...

Slemdorull, have the flashback succeeded?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by feniks View Post
    yeah, that sounds new. wondering if that play a role here ... but even without full XMP support it should still post with a single stick, even at default settings ... really not sure ... sounds to me like a DOA board if it was checked out of case and with minimal config with known good components ... unless there is something funny going on too ...

Slemdorull, have the flashback succeeded?
    Tried flashback aswell. Different versions. Kinda strange to get an DOA mobo, it's my second and brand new! I'm trying a new PSU again, to check if that one I use now is messed or not.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast