Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

I'm sitting on that GPU as we speak. Hmm, damn! should'a tested that out. Ill go to a friends house right now and find out.
    Last edited by Slemdorull; 04-05-2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: spelling

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Actually I wanted you to test the motherboard with another PSU. Take your motherboard, CPU, heatsink and stick of RAM over to his house. Plug his PSU into your motherboard with everything installed. And hit that power button. Let me know your findings.

ROG Enthusiast Array

New PSU didnt solve the issue! :/

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

RMA the motherboard.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Place the motherboard on your box again. Install the CPU, stock heatsink and one stick of RAM like we did before. Connect only the 24 pin power cable. Hit the start button. Does the CPU fan spin?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Nope. It gives light and such, but won't spin.

Banned Array

try what Chino suggests, pull MB out of case, place it on non-conductive surface (e.g. cardboard box), install only the CPU, 1 ram stick in first red slot (closer to CPU), 24-pin cable AND 8-pin CPU power cable, that's a bare minimum not counting video (you can use integrated for now) and HDD/SSD plus mouse and keyboard if you want to do anything else later

also as last resort before sending the board to RMA, try using BIOS Flashback to latest 1707 edition, all you need is FAT32 formatted USB stick which you load with extracted BIOS file (rename it to M5E.CAP). you can do this on motherboard alone, co cpu, no ram, just power (24pin) hooked up and place the stick in white USb ROG port, press the ROG Connect button for 5 second with motherboard at standby.

hope it helps.

I know at least 1 person who revived MVG board from 00 q-code of death with use of Flasback. good luck!
    Last edited by feniks; 04-09-2013 at 12:33 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I tried that, didnt change a thing.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Slemdorull View Post
    I tried that, didnt change a thing.
    if so then I second Hivizman's vote, RMA it with ASUS or exchange it in store if still within time limits.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

I admire your determination OP and wish that many others had your spirit. But there is a time to call it a day and just swap out the board. You have done more than enough and no user should have that much hassle just to get their board sorted.

I do want to prepare you for one possibility however. It could also be your CPU my friend. Does happen. Ask the store to test the board and the CPU if possible.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast