cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Sleep Mode, My Vcore And CPU Freq. Is incorrect!..Help.

Alton_Brown
Level 7
You guys have helped me alot over these past couple of weeks....I cant thank you enough!..Unfortunatly i now have another problem.....I have managed to get my PC stable with a small 3.8 OC speed with 1600mhz speed of memory... Im very happy for this......BUT, now when i put the pc to sleep, and then wake it...My readings are half of what the should be maybe even less...My Vcore i had around 1.32 but after wake it becomes 0.889 or so....The CPU freq. changes from 3799.00 to 1200.00. Causing the sytem to be unstable. Any input?
22 REPLIES 22

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
Alton Brown wrote:
You guys have helped me alot over these past couple of weeks....I cant thank you enough!..Unfortunatly i now have another problem.....I have managed to get my PC stable with a small 3.8 OC speed with 1600mhz speed of memory... Im very happy for this......BUT, now when i put the pc to sleep, and then wake it...My readings are half of what the should be maybe even less...My Vcore i had around 1.32 but after wake it becomes 0.889 or so....The CPU freq. changes from 3799.00 to 1200.00. Causing the sytem to be unstable. Any input?

That's just Speedstep and C-states. You are just seeing your CPU idle condition. After putting it to sleep, start your favorite stress-test and watch your CPU "go to town." But, I'm wondering where you are seeing this? Possibly in RC TweakIt? When coming out of sleep, RC TweakIt has a bug where the sliders do not set properly. The only way they set properly is to have RC TweakIt connected, up and running when you first boot your computer; and then don't use the sliders (except for multiplier) after sleep mode.

I hope you aren't using AiSuite II to OC, but setting the OC in BIOS.

That brings me to the next issue: IMO <0.9 is bad for CPU idle stability - when using C-states, Speedstep, and sleep. Try reducing your CPU Vcore LLC setting, this will result in higher idle voltage, and you also need to increase your Vcore by 0.04-0.05 to compensate for the adjustment - it will result in the same load Vcore as you had before. GL.
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.

Hi hallo, im using rog cpuz and core temp to check the temps...Its weird, I have SpeedStep disabled in Bios...I also have Performance in Win 7 power on..And i Have been using bios to do all overclocking.....I do have PC prope from AL Suite.. Thats it though! My multiplier goes from 38 to like 12 after waking...

Alton Brown wrote:
...I do have PC prope from AL Suite..

Um, I don't know what that means.
If you have C-states enabled that might do it too.
If you disable them, then you 'bleed' energy when your CPU is idle.
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.

With Ai Suite, you dont have to install all of those horrible utilites.....Out of the utilities it supplied, i only used Probe from Ai Suite..Srry, it used to be called PC Probe..now its just Probe....Anyway srry for the confusion.... I have Intel EIST disabled..And al C-states in bios diasabled....Do you have any other suggestions? I tried what you said also..I loaded up LinX Stress Test right after i woke the pc from sleep and all volts and cpu freq. was down, and it didnt work....CPU "go to town." I was crossing my fingers that it would work....Im Lost!......

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
Mr. Brown, what really needs to be addressed here you are not asking. Why are you trying to OC a 3930K with Speedstep disabled? That's not the way to OC a SB-E CPU. Where did you get that idea?

Alton_Brown
Level 7
Ist let me start by saying this..I had no clue (now i have little clue) how to do any OCing this past week...So im really tring to learn..I had a few post up and a few of the guys here were really helpful.....As far as your question, well i was reading that it makes the CPU volts and Freq fluctuate....I figured that was one of the problems at hand....Is it bad that i have that disable? now that speedstep is disable, my cpu stays at a steady freq and volts stay steady...

An actally, i really dont want to overclock my cpu.. I just want it at 3.2 (factory speed) my whole goal was to get my memory to read 1600mhz...

Alton Brown wrote:
An actally, i really dont want to overclock my cpu.. I just want it at 3.2 (factory speed) my whole goal was to get my memory to read 1600mhz...

Yeah I seen your other thread. Didn't you work that out?
With your mem model# I can give you the settings you desire, and a nice mild CPU OC if you like. I will look at that thread and see if mod# is there.

Yes I did...Everything has been working perfect!,, I cant complain..I have learned a bit on doing this,....But today was the 1st time i tried to put the pc to sleep...I use that option often....Thats when this started...i did notice that if i load all optimized defaults in bios, the sleep mode works perfect!......Any ideas? And yes, Please, i would like a nice mild OC if you dont mind...