cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "best" all around gaming keyboard?

Crobar
Level 7
I like a few opinions on what is the "best" all around gaming keyboard. Also, why do you recommend that keyboard. I've looked at a number of keyboards over $100 and just get more confused! Also, do you have a preference on gaming mouse.

Thanks for your help,
Crobar
26 REPLIES 26

TenBlade
Level 11
Hi, Crobar.
Have a look at the Cyborg R.A.T gaming mouse series, I just ordered it, has many customizable features. And as I was doing that, needing a usb-keyboard I ordered the Cyborg V5 keyboard, the big brother V7 has lots more buttons, but almost twice the price. And personally I don´t need all that many buttons on the keyboard, got what I need on other peripherals. The V5 has red LEDs, kind of this ROG red theme, that I´m moving alon in my new rig.

My two cents 😉

Gorman
Level 12
CM Quickfire Rapid is the best cheap keyboard for gaming.
- Anti-ghosting
- NKRO
- Comes with MX blacks, blues or browns (try switches out before you buy, otherwise just get blacks)
- tenkeyless
- removable cable

Definitely the best sub-$100 keyboard on the market for gaming.

For mice, the G400 is going to probably be the best in your price range. When you look at mice remember to check up on the sensors - the manufacturer's spec sheet won't tell you if a mouse has acceleration or other problems.

Gorman wrote:
- Anti-ghosting
- NKRO
- Comes with MX blacks, blues or browns (try switches out before you buy, otherwise just get blacks)
- tenkeyless
- removable cable

This. If I had to go and buy a mech keyboard, that's the one I'd be going for..

As for mice, I'll say it again.. How if feels and sits in your hands is far far more important in my option than the DPI settings etc... I'd take comfort over a few extra thousand DPI any day.. Having said that, look at the Corsair M60/M65, its a great piece of kit.

Gorman wrote:
- Anti-ghosting
- NKRO
- tenkeyless
- removable cable

For mice, the G400 is going to probably be the best in your price range. When you look at mice remember to check up on the sensors - the manufacturer's spec sheet won't tell you if a mouse has acceleration or other problems.

I'd avoid g400 at all costs, I had to rma two of them in 4 months due to usb connect/disconnect problem. Also having it report at usb 1.5
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/Logitech-g400-USB-problem/td-p/642462

There really isnt a "best" keyboard/mouse for gaming. A keyboard/mouse isn't going to make you turn pro over night. Don't believe the marketing on products when it comes to mice (high dpi)
Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
This is one of the best all ROUND key boards I have seen 😉

Menthol
Level 14
Thanks Arne, Nice to wake up and have a laugh.

Menthol wrote:
Thanks Arne, Nice to wake up and have a laugh.

sleepy head 😛

i just bought a R.A.T. 7 my self ( not used it yet ) and im using a logitech G19 keyboard.
custom color on the keyboard lighting ( over the entire board, not each key ) LCD whit a menu on it, i get up my GPU's info on it when using afterburner, and FPS in game.

i just bought a R.A.T. 7 my self ( not used it yet ) and im using a logitech G19 keyboard.
custom color on the keyboard lighting ( over the entire board, not each key ) LCD whit a menu on it, i get up my GPU's info on it when using afterburner, and FPS in game.