cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MVF wont boot to windows

Rayhan
Level 8
I newly installed 16gb of Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866 CL9-9-9-27 on my Maximus V Formula, i turned on my pc and adjusted its timings to x.m.p profile(1866).

The problem is it wont boot to windows 7 automatically, it only goes to Republic of Gamers post screen then restarts again.

I still need to press F1 to boot to Windows 7.

How do i fix this?

My Bios is in latest version (1604)
I do not have a graphics card, im using intel hd4000(i7-3770k) at the moment, i'm saving for asus gtx670
Intel Core i7-3770K| Asus Maximus V Formula | Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866 CL9-9-9-27 Red Green| Western Digital Black 1tb | Corsair AX860i | NZXT Phantom Red|
11 REPLIES 11

Zka17
Level 16
It perhaps is because your OC is unstable...

I would go back in BIOS and reset it at defaults (just be careful if you have a RAID setup!), save and restart - then try it again...

Rayhan
Level 8
i didn't made any oc at all, cpu @stock 3.5-3.9ghz, no raid setup also, i also tried it in defaults(Auto settings and not xmp), still didnt work.
Intel Core i7-3770K| Asus Maximus V Formula | Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866 CL9-9-9-27 Red Green| Western Digital Black 1tb | Corsair AX860i | NZXT Phantom Red|

Zka17
Level 16
XMP is already OC...

If you set back the BIOS to it's defaults by F5 and saved it and still does not work... hm... - do you have a single memory kit, right?

I would start with taking out all the modules, then re-inserting only one in the furthermost DIMM slot from the CPU... then use memtest86+ for testing it... - then move it in an other slot (the same module) until you've tested all the slots... then change module and repeat the procedure - that way you will check if all the memory slots and all the modules are operational...

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?19615-Memtest-User-Guide-For-ROG-Motherboards&country=&stat...

Rayhan
Level 8
sorry i forgot to mention i have 2 kits, 8gb(4gbx2) x 2= 2 kits.

I already went to the UEFI, pressed F5 and set everything to default. Still doesn't work.

can you give me a download link for memory test

oldbrave
Level 9
Try booting your system with just one memory kit installed and see if it boot into Windows, if it does then try it with just the other kit and see if it boots into Windows.
Mixing memory kits, even if they are the same is not the best idea !
Electronic Smoke Signals From my TechnoTeepee
ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ 990FX, 1703 bios
AMD FX 8350 Vishera @ 5162Mhz [21x245] 1.546v 🙂
Water Cooled - Koolance EX2-1055, CPU 370 WB, Idle=22c Load=52c
32Gb G.Skill Sniper ddr3 1600 8G X 4 , 9-9-9-24 @ 1.55v
ASUS HD7970-DC2T-3GD5, Cat 13.5 beta 2, Dell U3011 @ 2560x1600
SanDisk Extreme 120Gb SSD SATA 6Gb, 250Gb SATA 6Gb, 1Tb SATA 6Gb x2
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Corsair HX1000w PSU

Rayhan
Level 8
already tested my rams, they seem to be ok, i'm doubting it might be my windows 7 os

How far along into the Windows load does it go? Does it get past the BIOS then reboot immediately, do you see any "WINDOWS" loading first? Have you tried to hit F8 right after the BIOS, and attempt to boot into SAFE mode?

You say you tested you ram, how? Did you try to boot with a single stick of ram, actually, trying to boot with each stick in turn?

Did it work before, with another brand/amt of memory, and it's failing now with a ram upgrade?

Did you just install Windows, and if so, did it seem to complete the install ok? Can you boot from a Windows install disk?

You also mention you have to hit F1, that sounds like it's not set to boot from the drive Windows is installed on. So, how many drives do you have, and are any in a RAID? I would check in the BIOS, for the proper drive boot order, and to make sure on the SATA screen, that RAID is set, if your drives are in a RAID. Some of these Asus BIOSs forget their settings, mine did all the time, and I would have to go in and set it to boot from the MSATA (I have Win 7 loaded on my MSATA) as it would forget and try to boot from my RAID.
Current rig:
Asus MVE/32gb Trident-X 2400/1 Muskin Atlas MSATA 240gig - Win 7 Ultimate/2x Segate 3tb 7200rpm, 1 WDB 1tb (data backups)/1 PCIE SB Fatality/3770k delidded at 4.8ghz/2x EVGA 580 3gig (not yet on water)/2x LG BD burners/Water- Raystorm block, Rad-XSPC RX360v2, Res-Alphacool dualbay Repack w/D5vario, on distilled./PSU Corsair 1200i/NO case- on a 6' metal shelving unit, also holds my server, and drawers w/spare parts./46" Samsung SmartTV UN46ES7100.

kkn
Level 14
the problem you are facing is that you are using 2 kits of ram ( 2 x 8 gig one's ) and thats not good.
as you see now you have problem whit them.
even they seem alike they are diffrent.
never mix kits of ram you only get the problem that you are facing now.
use ONE kit ONLY.

Rayhan
Level 8
i'll reformat my windows and see if it will boot, if not, then it is the rams. wish me luck 🙂