cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member registration impossible

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
I have a freind that has been trying to regester for days. He said he just gets an error message that says something about already being registered. The screen name was not in use. So I tried it myself, after deleting my cookies, and I seen the same results: No matter which e-mail address I used it said:

Then you can't go any further since the password doesn't work. I even tried a non-existent e-mail address (above). I cleared my cookies again before that last attempt. Then when you attempt to put the same passw in on that page, you get "Login fail, please check your email/password" but there is no message at that e-mail address. It may be that members can register fine after registering a product on the main site first. Please fix this.

EDIT: Oh yeah, he said he also tried e-mailing about the ROG forum problem, and has heard no reply.
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.
13 REPLIES 13

chrsplmr
Level 18
Just curious: Have you tried to then log in using that user name/pass word in the regular log in ??

chrsplmr wrote:
Just curious: Have you tried to then log in using that user name/pass word in the regular log in ??

Yes, sort of: You log in using your e-mail, not user name. And that doesn't work, besides, when I tried a second/third/forth time it said the username was "not in use."

Clear your cookies and try it yourself, and see for yourself. Just don't use firerx plz.

I think Asus just lost a new customer bc of this.
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.

chrsplmr
Level 18
HW .. I think if You forward the email address/user to MarshallR in a PM and
perhaps a link to this thread .. although I am sure he will see this, there may
be something he do ..
or is already working on it, the more likely .
And by the way .. when was the word 'beta' removed ???
Perhaps prematurely.c.

chrsplmr wrote:
HW .. I think if You forward the email address/user to MarshallR in a PM and
perhaps a link to this thread .. although I am sure he will see this, there may
be something he do ..
or is already working on it, the more likely .
And by the way .. when was the word 'beta' removed ???
Perhaps prematurely.c.

IDK his e-mail addr. Anyway, I am busy working now and may be away from this forum for a couple of days.

EDIT 4/9: I PMd MarshallR just now anyway.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I log in using my user name not my email by the way. Ask him to try that please HW.

I will forward this on to ASUS directly.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

X-ROG
Level 15
I have asked our webteam to look into it on Monday. I will ask again today. Very sorry for the troubles guys 😞

Killerko
Level 7
FINALLY!! omg.. I finally managed to properly register on rog forums! I have had the same problem with the "Please wait" screen for over a month! Very frustrating! I was unable to post anything and whenever I wanted to just read the forums I had to log out first.

It does not matter what you fill in that form, it will always just show the "Please wait".. like a dummy site. You can just click submit on an empty form and you will get the same result.

I have tried other email address as my main one is not really from a standard mass email provider one so I thought maybe there might be the issue but no, not even the most standard gmail address made any difference.

What I did different today however was that before I always created my account with asus first (was redirected to some white looking website where I registered/logged in), before trying to access the rog forums and this seems to be the main problem here as the accounts are not compatible (or that dummy "please wait" site that is suppose to make them compatible is just broken) Today I have tried something different after reading an article here about how your accounts works and that you actually have 2 of them one for asus site and other for rog forums.... So I logged out from any asus account, went to the main page of rog forums, and clicked register there.

After filling the standard forum registration form I was redirected to the same "please wait" site but with one main difference. This time my nickname was already prefilled in. Before with asus accounts only email address and country was prefilled and I had to manually type my nickname. So I filled in my password and captcha hit the sumbit and... TA-DAAAAA... here I am 😄 ..after a month of trying!

Hopefully this will help somebody who is stuck on this.. as it can be very very frustrating when you simply can't post no matter what you do. Definitely need fixing though.. as something is broken in here 🙂

chrsplmr
Level 18
KillerKo ... Welcome to ROG.c.

KazariK
Level 7
OMG I have to thank KillerKo!!!! OMG I too have been trying for a few weeks to get access to the website and having the EXACT SAME problem, to the point I was SOOOOOO frustrated I was starting to have buyer’s remorse and looking at taking my new G75VX laptop back! I love that machine but was so frustrated after trying for a few weeks to get online that I was almost done! Seeing your post today totally fixed things! To the ROG website team, please look into that! OMG that was soooo frustrating and I am a VERY VERY VERY patient person, but that almost blew that away!!

Anyways, super stoked to be here! Have a bunch of questions for the community and looking forward to some help 🙂

Kaz